Windows 10: No " Prompt for username and password " option in windows 10 Dialup.

Discus and support No " Prompt for username and password " option in windows 10 Dialup. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, As you all know some people use dial up connection. I am one of them. I would like to click my dialup and automatically connect rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fazy, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Fazy Win User

No " Prompt for username and password " option in windows 10 Dialup.

Hello there,

As you all know some people use dial up connection. I am one of them. I would like to click my dialup and automatically connect rather than viewing the " Username and password window " as I have saved UN and PW anyway, Basically, I would like to make it fully automatic, now this is the problem as can be seen in the ATTACHMENT.

It shows, lack of options in windows 10 when it comes to tweaking options for dialup. So please help me on how to do it without the help of GUI. As I downloaded and install the same file to install my dialer, I know there has to be a way to " Remove the tickmark from highlighted fields in the above pic "

I can use regedit or stuff like that as I've been in it for awhile, so feel free to suggest me how to solve this problem.

Regards,

:)

Fazy, Aug 3, 2015
  2. mdguy14 Win User

Logging back into network using Wireless

Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise. When logged into network via wired connection, I have no issue logging back into the network using my username/password when I either lock the screen or the screensaver kicks in. I always get the "USERNAME" and
    "PASSWORD" prompt. However, when I switch my connectivity method to use the wireless network and my screen locks (either by me locking or the screensaver locking), I never get the "Username" and "Password" prompt, only get "OTHER USER" and a person icon. I
    have to turn off the WiFi connection and reboot to get the "USERNAME" and "PASSWORD" prompt.

mdguy14, Aug 3, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Fazy Win User

Bump.

It's ****ing stupid when no one can answer you. Like win 10 is broken to death.

Fazy, Aug 7, 2015
  5. show us a screen shot of what comes up when you start your internet connection for windows 10.

i could fully see Microsoft pushing support for this type of thing to software vendors to create the dialup software that does all the work.

If you UNCHECK remember credentials does it have the UN/PW boxes so you can type them in?
    or do you have to type them in when you connect.
    typically with windows there is a "remember me" type option on the login box when it opens that way it just starts connecting when you click your icon.
    also are you getting those property windows from right clicking a shortcut, or the actual program file?
    shortcuts dont always have the same options as the actual exe file when you view the properties.

cyberlunacy, Aug 7, 2015
  6. has anybody got a solution to this issue?

bwQuestion, Aug 10, 2015
  7. XGAVirus Win User
    Good day

How to disable login prompt:

Open 'Dial-up' settings(Just type "Dial" in start menu).
    Select your account by clicking on it:

No " Prompt for username and password " option in windows 10  Dialup. [​IMG]

Open 'Advanced options'.
    Just below "Password (Optional)" click 'Edit'.

At the bottom of details mark the tickbox 'Remember my sign-in info':

Restart computer after saving!

I hope this is what you wanted...

XGAVirus, Sep 10, 2015
  8. Fazy Win User

Sorry, but this isn't what i wanted. Thank you for taking your time to helping me though.

Firstly my dial up is in VPN category not in dial up. So i'm not getting the " edit " option.

Secondly, in my vpn i can remember the username and password without any problem the problem occurs when that " vpn window " shows up. Back then when i clicked on the VPN it just directly connected without " PROMPTING " for username and password because even if i do make it remember it still " prompts " so that's the option that's missing from windows 10. No matter what i do it keeps prompting me for username and password. I just have to click " connect " but I don't wanna do that either because it was awesome in Win 7.

9. Atomic77 Win User
    A lot of newer computers don't even have a modem anymore. 56k is so old these days. I remember one place I lived that was all you could do for internet.

Atomic77, Nov 23, 2015
  10. Jonno Win User
    I know this is old, but just to let everyone know, I found a fix for this:

Open %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk in a text editor, make a backup of it
    Find [YOURVPNNAME]
    Find PreviewUserPw=1 - Change it to PreviewUserPw=0
    Save the file

You can now use rasphone -d "YOURVPNNAME" without a prompt.

Jonno, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No " Prompt for username and password " option in windows 10 Dialup. - Similar Threads - Prompt username password

2. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password: About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear and nothing is accessible until then. After this happens then you can login in with domain admin credentials and every time...
  3. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password: About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear and nothing is accessible until then. After this happens then you can login in with domain admin credentials and every time...
  4. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password: When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and no issues happened then.A couple months later to now, I am suddenly requested to enter both my Username and Password. I have...
  6. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password: When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and no issues happened then.A couple months later to now, I am suddenly requested to enter both my Username and Password. I have...
  7. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 dialup connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dialup connection: Have PC with Windows 10 OS and Zoom modem 3095, recommended by my dialup ISP. Can't connect to my dialup ISP, system goes through dial, authorization/connect steps, gives error 720. Modem saayys working properly but additional installation needed. What's problem, please? Jack...
  9. Windows 10 dialup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dialup: Have new PC with Windows 10 and recommended Zoom 3095 modem but cannot connect to BasicIsp dialup account or other dialups. ISP's do authentication and connect steps, then give error 720. Basicisp support is no help but it connects fine on my old Vista PC. Tried numerous...
  10. Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields: I have a machine that when I do anything requiring elevation I'm getting the windows security pop up, but the username\password entry fields are missing and my only option is to select cancel. I've recreated the entire user profile but it's still happening. No idea at this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prompt for user name and password option

2. windows 10 dial-up stuck username and password