Windows 10: No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...

Discus and support No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is no Bengali numeric in Windows 10 built in Bengali inscript keyboard and no Punctuation marks . These is so irritating and frustrating .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohammadRumi, Jan 19, 2019.

1. No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...

There is no Bengali numeric in Windows 10 built in Bengali inscript keyboard and no Punctuation marks . These is so irritating and frustrating . Bengali is world's 7th largest language by the number of speakers . People of Bangladesh and several Indian provinces uses Bengali . So if the keyboard does not support any Bengali punctuation marks or numeric then how do we write ? Bengali speaking people have to use third party keyboard for typing Bengali numeric and punctuation marks.

Here is the Windows 10 built in Bengali inscript keyboard layout and look at that, see you won't find any numeric or punctuation marks . Keys are assigned to different letters and there is no punctuation marks .

So I request Microsoft to add these vital missing things to Bengali inscript keyboard in Windows 10 . Also review the other Indian Languages keyboard as if they also facing the same problem .

No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in... 78bee6c1-79bb-4ed6-a519-baa4e56a8fdd?upload=true.png No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in... 451a2a3e-63ad-4d3e-83b9-2047354d628f?upload=true.png

:)

MohammadRumi, Jan 19, 2019

2. Text Prediction and punctuation marks [N97]

Thanks guys for your posts!

@The_Funkateer

If you imagine that the same word is automatically saved to the custom dictionary but with various punctuation marks at the end - you have the answer.

You can notice that always the last used punctuation mark is used.

And sometimes when you insert a word and a punctuation mark and you use * you will see that a totally different word with the same punctuation may appear (if the word has the same combination of keys).

I suppose and I think I'm right that N95 treats "word + punctuation" as a completely new word and moreover the phone saves it automatically and secretly to the custom dictionary even if we don't want them to be saved.

@chanchan05

Sure, but it has nothing in common with the beta version of Custom Dict.

In my case the Dict works as expected.

It just helped me to discover what is on the list of my custom words and I was really shocked to see over 2000 words (each word repeated several times with different punctuations at the end).

You can make tests to notice what happens every time when you are writing a message.

Insert a word, add a punctuation and use * several times.

Then use the Custom Dict app to edit the list of custom words.

@foxmeister

Thanks for the info.

As I can see you are now using the N900.

Does it work better in N900?

drMateo---01, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Text Prediction and punctuation marks [N97]

Hi!

I've been using 6310i for a veeery long time No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in... :)

Recently I decided to buy N97.

And I have a question concerning the Text Prediction feature.

Very often when I insert a word I'd like to use one of punctuation marks. For example a comma or a full stop.

So after my desired predictive text is inserted I use the "1" button.

And if the punctuation mark is not what I want, e.g. a comma appears and I want a full stop then I press the * button repeatedly to get a desired punctuation mark.

Recently I installed Custom Dictionary application from Nokia Beta Labs.

And when I edited a list of all custom words that have been added I was surprised to see that there were a lot of words with commas, full-stops, question marks at the end of exactly the same words.

So I made some tests.

It seems that when you insert a desired word and you use the "1" button to insert a punctuation mark and then you use * - the words is automatically saved to the custom dictionary with this punctuation mark at the end.

Do you think this is intentional or maybe I am using the feature incorrectly?

drMateo---01, Jan 19, 2019
  4. No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...

1. No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in... - Similar Threads - punctuation marks Bengali

2. Punctuation marks problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Punctuation marks problem: On the keyboard, I can't type punctuation marks. When I try to write, for example, a long "i" it writes two dashes and then the letter. Here is an example: ´´i. I tried reinstalling the language in windows and reconnected the keyboard multiple times. Also, earlier, when I...
  3. Punctuation marks problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Punctuation marks problem: On the keyboard, I can't type punctuation marks. When I try to write, for example, a long "i" it writes two dashes and then the letter. Here is an example: ´´i. I tried reinstalling the language in windows and reconnected the keyboard multiple times. Also, earlier, when I...
  4. Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands: Voice Typing is an excellent tool but as a humble developer I miss a few punctuation commands:- double quotation marks " " “ ” is not adequate in a code editor.- backslash \- { }- :I am using the Swedish version of the tool....
  5. Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands: Voice Typing is an excellent tool but as a humble developer I miss a few punctuation commands:- double quotation marks " " “ ” is not adequate in a code editor.- backslash \- { }- :I am using the Swedish version of the tool....
  6. Punctuation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Punctuation: Why does back slash right hashtags and when i press shift-backslash it writes a ~. but i i do what im supposed to do to write a ~, i get a ¬. shift-2 writes ". shift-3 writes £. shift-' writes @. How do i fix? BTW I choose windows cuz i think it software issue. but how to...
  7. Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language: I am using Windows 10 Pro latest build . I need to type Bangla so that I installed the Bangla language pack and got the Bangla [India] inscript keyboard . The problem is that punctuation marks and symbols are not available for typing. Question mark, Colon, Semicolon,...
  8. Bengali keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bengali keyboard layout: Why doesn't Microsoft add the National (Jatiya, জাতীয়) layout in Bengali keyboard? Microsoft has a stupid layout called Inscript. [ATTACH] National is the national layout of Bangladesh, almost everybody uses it (some people use phonetic) and nobody uses INSCRIPT, I can...
  9. Unsual punctuation in text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsual punctuation in text.: I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as &Apos;something or other. Here is an example of one case. Week's appears as Week&Apos;s The ' is replaced by the &Apos...
  10. Punctuation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Punctuation problem: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe others. Any ideas why this is happening? TIA, Bob 28674

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. Free Download Sinhala Font Keyboard