Windows 10: No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

Discus and support No Quarantine in Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Aug 5, 2019.

1. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed.

Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903?

:)

win10freak, Aug 5, 2019

2. windows defender quarantine

Julia,

GreginMich
    replied

Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Nothing has changed. We still have erroneous status reports in the Full history page just like we did in the All detected items page in the classic Defender interface. If a threat doesn't appear in the Quarantined threats list on the Scan history page,
    then it wasn't actually quarantined.

So we need to correct the documentation here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/help/antimalware-faq

On Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 version 1703 and later:

• Use the Windows search box to find and open the Windows Defender Security Center
    • Navigate to the Virus & threat protection > Scan history.
    • Under Quarantined threats, select
      See full history

On earlier versions of Windows:

• Open Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender.
    • Click the History tab.
    • Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    Once you have reviewed the quarantined items you can:

• Select Remove all to delete all quarantined software.
    • Select individual files, and then click Remove or
      Restore

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Aug 5, 2019
  4. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

windows defender quarantine

This error in the documentation is causing lots of confusion. You actually can’t review or restore quarantined items in the WDSC Full History page, which corresponds to the All Detected Items page in the classic Windows Defender UI. The Quarantined
    Threats list on the Scan History page corresponds to the Quarantined Items page in the classic UI, and that list will display any items that have actually been quarantined as well as provide the options to remove or restore any of those items, as we can see
    in this screenshot:

No Quarantine in Windows Defender? d40c846d-17ce-4efc-a3e4-5e9709699134?upload=true.png

GreginMich, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

1. No Quarantine in Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Quarantine Defender

2. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...: My Windows Defender now Windows Security detected an unwanted app in my laptop. So, I chose an action. I tried REMOVE and QUARANTINE but it's not doing anything. I tried so many ways, I even tried restarting my PC and performed an offline scan but still failed. The yellow...
  3. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...: My Windows Defender now Windows Security detected an unwanted app in my laptop. So, I chose an action. I tried REMOVE and QUARANTINE but it's not doing anything. I tried so many ways, I even tried restarting my PC and performed an offline scan but still failed. The yellow...
  4. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed: Hello,Windows Defender found a virus on my computer, however, before I could deal with it on the Virus & Threat Protection tab the message regarding the virus disappeared. I've run both Quick Scan and Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan. Still, it shows "No current...
  6. Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed

Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed: Hello,Windows Defender found a virus on my computer, however, before I could deal with it on the Virus & Threat Protection tab the message regarding the virus disappeared. I've run both Quick Scan and Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan. Still, it shows "No current...
  7. curl.exe quarantined by Defender and now we cant update to Nov 23 patch Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    curl.exe quarantined by Defender and now we cant update to Nov 23 patch Windows 10 21H2: So basically this is what happen to our machines.old version of curl.exe has been blocked and quarantined by MS defender. As per my understanding only curl from v8.4 that whitelistedNow whenever we trying to repair it using DISM restorehealth where we got the source file, it...
  8. curl.exe quarantined by Defender and now we cant update to Nov 23 patch Windows 10 21H2

curl.exe quarantined by Defender and now we cant update to Nov 23 patch Windows 10 21H2: So basically this is what happen to our machines.old version of curl.exe has been blocked and quarantined by MS defender. As per my understanding only curl from v8.4 that whitelistedNow whenever we trying to repair it using DISM restorehealth where we got the source file, it...
  9. curl.exe quarantined by Defender and now we cant update to Nov 23 patch Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender: Hello,I have windows 11.There are many threats named win 32 in my pc and windows defender is not able to remove the threat. So I thought to go with custom delete but windows not giving me permission to open scan folder in windows defender please help me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender quarantine no restore button

2. no quarantine option on windows defendee

3. windows security not letting me quarentine

4. windows security quarantined divxinstaller