Windows 10: No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade?

Discus and support No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi community, I have a custom built Desktop with Windows 10 - 64-bit system. I did not build the Desktop myself and I have no information anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VictorNB, Feb 3, 2020.

1. VictorNB Win User

No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade?

Hi community,

I have a custom built Desktop with Windows 10 - 64-bit system.

I did not build the Desktop myself and I have no information anymore about the builder.

I am trying to upgrade the RAM, but cannot find any information on the speed or type neither motherboard nor RAM. I attached some screenshots about the system.

Also the system diagnostics software of Crucial .com could not recognize anything.

Now: Is there a different way besides opening up the tower?

To upgrade, is there any safe RAM type that I can use to replace the old one, without knowing the motherboard specs? At least I can see that it has two RAM sockets one is being occupied.

Thank you for the help!

No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade? 14d52c09-d7ac-4b23-8bc8-8fb01d9877e8?upload=true.jpg No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade? 6d07fc1c-ee2e-453d-8280-293253d4e19e?upload=true.jpg No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade? 013b297a-0fd5-48f4-9c25-175e9823d5c0?upload=true.jpg

:)

VictorNB, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 3, 2020
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Upgrading Processor, Motherboard, and Ram

Everything but the motherboard can be upgraded; new motherboard will make the pc

not genuine.

Installing from iso dvd or thumb drive would work but the same issue.

You have the same license terms as when win7 was installed and it carried over to win10;

OEM (hp,dell, toshiba etc.) or retail ( you bought win7).

If you can not upgrade on the current motherboard, cpu, ram, video card for less than a new complete system including the os ?

This also depends on the current configuration, how old are, is the pc.

Not pushing amd but new 4 core cpu's are $129 retail., system boards range from $100

and up, ddr4 ram 130 fo 16 gig just as an example.

kjl1956, Feb 3, 2020
  4. No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade?

Upgrading Ram

Hi Don,

Check motherboard's RAM compatibility list.

Try to increase memory timings in BIOS.

Igor Leyko, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade?

1. No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade? - Similar Threads - RAM specifications nor

2. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  3. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  4. Motherboard or RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard or RAM: So here I am working on a large Photoshop image (160 x 250cm @200ppi) when I notice a bit of a slow down. I check my system and notice I only have 24gb RAM ( should be 32gb using 8 sticks ). I check all the ram in different sockets and run Memtest, all seem fine. Time to...
  5. Specification of my motherboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Specification of my motherboard: I want to know which version of SATA does Zeb g41 d3 supports ?? Coz I want to buy ssd anyone having answers??. And also does anyone know a accurate decrypter of vari Randsomware. This has encrypted my files...
  6. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard: Hi again guys, so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when they are in the controller dock. The thing is, after they are charged I don't want them to keep drawing power because that...
  7. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard: Hi again guys, so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when they are in the controller dock. The thing is, after they are charged I don't want them to keep drawing power because that...
  8. Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - How to upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM: I want to upgrade my 6 year old Motherboard/CPU/RAM/etc but I have 32TB (4 separate 8TB mechanical drives) setup in full backup in a Storage Space using Windows 10. How do make sure I don't lose all my data when I upgrade the Motherboard/CPU/etc? These are precious family...
  9. ASUS Motherboard specific

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS Motherboard specific: Hi, This forum is my go-to for many things, but this time my question is ASUS motherboard specific. Can anyone guide me to a solid forum where I might be able to ask about my ASUS board? I have 2 questions 1. In UEFI, select XMP 1 or XMP 2 if I'm using ASUS' AI Overclocking...
  10. Any advantage to upgrade motherboard specifically for Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any advantage to upgrade motherboard specifically for Windows 10 ?: We know that Windows 10 will work on hardware designed for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, but is there any advantage to upgrading the motherboard of a fairly recent system that runs Windows 8.1 comfortably now? I see MB manufacturers are producing Windows 10 certified boards. Any...