Windows 10: No rears in 5.1 via HDMI direct to soundbar

Discus and support No rears in 5.1 via HDMI direct to soundbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Samsung 75" TV Radeon RX 580 Vizio 5.1 Soundbar When I run my audio like this: HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> Soundbar It only gives me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joshuar9476, Mar 8, 2021.

1. No rears in 5.1 via HDMI direct to soundbar

Windows 10

Samsung 75" TV

Radeon RX 580

Vizio 5.1 Soundbar

When I run my audio like this: HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> Soundbar

It only gives me the stereo option. I get that as a limitation on the pass through of my tv even though the smart functions (netflix, disney+) of my tv uses all 5.1 speakers just fine.

But, when I run a HDMI cable direct into the HDMI input of my soundbar (so the one cable for video to the tv and another hdmi cable to the soundbar for audio), it does let me select 5.1. Hooray!

The problem is this, no matter what setting i try, music, videos, movies, there is no sound from the rear speakers. But if I do the surround test feature in the setting, it will play all 5.1 speakers correctly. That's what I don't get. At least with stereo I get sound from the rears but nothing in 5.1 except the test each speaker feature.

Suggestions?

submitted by /u/joshuar9476
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joshuar9476, Mar 8, 2021
  2. xJayce89x Win User

Can I use a soundbar with Dell Inspiron 3670?

I have the SB3651-E6 5.1 soundbar with the rear speakers and I was wondering if I could use it on PC and still get 5.1 surround sound setup on Windows 10?

Like my PC has a HDMI port in the back, could I just connect that to the soundbar HDMI port and get 5.1 surround sound on Windows?

My manufacturer manual on my pc, says my PC's HDMI port can provide video and audio output.

Please let me know, and also if anyone has tried with a similar PC.

xJayce89x, Mar 8, 2021
  3. LG Soundbar SJ9 shown as SiliconImage

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the audio issues on your Windows 10 device.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

You may try the below suggested step and check if the issue still persists.

Method 1

Set LG Soundbar as default play back device

1. Click on Volume icon from the taskbar.
    2. Click on Sounds and click on
      Playback
      tab.
    3. Select LG Soundbar and click on Set as default to check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the suggested steps and try to follow the same from the article
    Help Library.

I suggest you to refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting steps.

If the issue still persists try updating the latest Firmware & Drivers from the
    manufacture’s website.

Click on Support section and select the preferred option under
    Contact Us to get in touch with the manufacturer support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Jaffakeik Win User

No rears in 5.1 via HDMI direct to soundbar

SOundbar dont give sound with HDMI(SOLVED)

I recently bought soundbar yamaha ysp 2500 as it supports 2.0 hdmi connection I bought cable 2.0a So i guess its still 2.0 and should be fine. I connected it with port ARC on soundbar with port ARC on TV(panasonic dx700b) But there is no sound I tried all possible variations with all HDMI ports on soundbar and on TV, but no sound. IT works perfectly with Optical, but I want it with HDMI as well to get all features. So what am I doing wrong?
    And btw I tried with other HDMI cables like 1.4 version still nothing.
    HDMI-CEC witch is called Viera-link on my TV is enabled as I read forums. SO what exactly ports do I need to connect on Sbar and on TV.
    Or the problem is somewhere else?

Jaffakeik, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

No rears in 5.1 via HDMI direct to soundbar

1. No rears in 5.1 via HDMI direct to soundbar - Similar Threads - rears via HDMI

2. Display & Extention via. HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display & Extention via. HDMI: Hi everyone,I have just bought a second monitor. As my PC only has one HDMI port, I have bought a HDMI adapter from Amazon which has two HDMI ports and a HDMI Cable coming out from the other side. Now Windows doesn't recognise it as a second monitor and I can't change it to...
  3. Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles: Hi guys, Not expecting much feedback on this but worth a try. I was using a bluetooth speaker previously for sound from my PC. Had a few issues & wanted to upgrade but hate all those little wires everywhere. Anyway, the cheapest & most compact upgrade seemed to be a small...
  4. Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles: Hi guys, Not expecting much feedback on this but worth a try. I was using a bluetooth speaker previously for sound from my PC. Had a few issues & wanted to upgrade but hate all those little wires everywhere. Anyway, the cheapest & most compact upgrade seemed to be a small...
  5. Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Soundbar is connected via bluetooth but wont work

Soundbar is connected via bluetooth but wont work: I apologise that this seems to have been asked so many times, but I have tried all the suggested solutions and nothing happens. So I have an LG Soundbar model number NB2530A. My Laptop is a HP Omen Gaming Laptop. When I scan for Bluetooth on the laptop, It finds the...
  7. 5.1 HDMI Soundbar is being recognized as a Stereo soundbar after turning the soundbar off...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5.1 HDMI Soundbar is being recognized as a Stereo soundbar after turning the soundbar off...: So, I accidentally turning the soundbar off using my phone instead of muting it when I'm falling asleep. After turning it back on, it's only recognized as a Stereo one. Visio 5.1.2 dobly atmos soundbar, connected to a gtx 1080 via HDMI, while 2 acer monitor is connected via...
  8. Bose Solo 5 Soundbar mutes when paired via bluetooth to laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bose Solo 5 Soundbar mutes when paired via bluetooth to laptop: Folks, I have a peculiar problem that just started with my Bose Solo 5 soundbar. Every time my soundbar wakes, it pairs to my laptop via Bluetooth (as it should) but immediately mutes itself, completely disregarding the previous audio level from the last time it was paired,...
  9. Audio via HDMI to TV

Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  10. Output via hdmi problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Output via hdmi problems: Basically I'm having issues with connecting my pc to my projector, because the second display settings from my previous connection to a TV are not compatible with the projectors parameters. My previous settings were to display only on the TV at 1080/120 hz. My projector...