Windows 10: No Recent Actions? Windows Defender

Discus and support No Recent Actions? Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I ran a deep scan using Windows Defender and it found a virus called W32.Trojan.Gen . There was an additional suffix after this name but,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by custom3, Sep 10, 2019.

1. custom3 Win User

No Recent Actions? Windows Defender

Today I ran a deep scan using Windows Defender and it found a virus called W32.Trojan.Gen . There was an additional suffix after this name but, thinking there would be a log record, I went ahead and used the fix button. However after running the fix there was no new information in the "recent actions" section of the software. It was like it never found the virus in the first place.

What prompted me to run the scan was that I received a message, using Google Chrome, that I experienced a "Google Chrome Critial Error!" After researching this message, I found it was a scam but still am left to wonder where it came from.

So what gives? Is my maching now clear of this infection? My computer is running fine but that doesn't really mean anything.

Please advise...

Thanks

:)

custom3, Sep 10, 2019

2. windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 10, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 10, 2019
  4. No Recent Actions? Windows Defender

Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

No Recent Actions? Windows Defender

1. No Recent Actions? Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Recent Actions Defender

2. Window defender not taking action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender not taking action: Window defender isn't removing this nor securing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-not-taking-action/db225d7d-8949-405a-b78e-10c208c7d6d5
  3. Window defender not taking action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window defender not taking action: Window defender isn't removing this nor securing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-not-taking-action/db225d7d-8949-405a-b78e-10c208c7d6d5
  4. protection history no recent actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    protection history no recent actions: hello, I have windows 10, for several months windows security protection history in says "no recent actions". Even when I have a PUP alert, or a folder access blocked notification that clearly requires my action.I have the following steps to no avail. can anyone please...
  5. protection history no recent actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    protection history no recent actions: hello, I have windows 10, for several months windows security protection history in says "no recent actions". Even when I have a PUP alert, or a folder access blocked notification that clearly requires my action.I have the following steps to no avail. can anyone please...
  6. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-actions-recommended-but-no/a266784b-d45e-4246-b2c9-5f4f71d024ca
  7. No recent actions in protection history

No recent actions in protection history: I've had this problem for several months. At first it just showed no recent actions. But just now it prompted me for Reputation-based protection, and it still shows no recent actions when I click review to check. So, is there any way to solve this problem without reinstalling...
  8. take actions windows defender

take actions windows defender: So i had this threat that said it affected my desktop i ran a test on windows defender and found the threat i keep on clicking take actions but it doesn't do anything, however i did a test with malwarebytes and the threat got removed but windows defender is still saying that...
  9. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry...
  10. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...