Windows 10: No recent document for applications on start menu

Discus and support No recent document for applications on start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10. On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 321dome, Aug 28, 2016.

1. 321dome Win User

No recent document for applications on start menu

Hi!
    I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10.
    On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a black arrow right and when I hover it, I see the recent files I used (see attachment from Windows7 - red circles for the arrows):

No recent document for applications on start menu [​IMG]

Now at my laptop with Windows10 I don't have these arrows.
    Any suggestions how can I make them appear again?

:)

321dome, Aug 28, 2016

2. How to see Recent Documents in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hello Scott,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I guess you wanted to see the recently accessed documents in Start Menu. Right?

If that is the case, currently we don't have an option that displays the recently viewed documents in Start Menu. However you can still able to see Recently accessed app and application and even Recently added application.

We welcome you feedback in this regard. Suggest you to post your feedback using
    Windows Feedback app, which help us to improve your experience with the future updates.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 28, 2016
  3. How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

That is not her question. Her question is what happened to the Recent Items list that featured for example in Win7, which one could access right from Start Menu some most recent key documents irrespective of the particular application.

Searching Cortana really has nothing to do with this.

WilliamFellows, Aug 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It depends on if you have something like Classic Shell installed to not see the tiles. Those arrows mean that there is a sub directory with options linked to that shortcut.

bro67, Aug 28, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    You could pin Office applications to the taskbar then when right clicking you can see recent files and can open them pretty quickly.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No recent document for applications on start menu - Similar Threads - recent document applications

2. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  3. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  4. Document Shortcuts on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Document Shortcuts on Start Menu: I upgraded from 1909 to 20H2. It appears that document shortcuts on startmenu is not longer supported. The shortcuts are still in the StartMenu/Programs folder and function if clicked on directly, but they no longer appear in the start menu and cannot be pinned. I was able...
  5. Recent application in start menu

Recent application in start menu: The start menu use to show applications that you recently opened. Not sure when it happened, but they are no longer there. Is there a way to bring this back?...
  6. recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu: I have just had my PD updated with the Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) On my start menu if I right clicked an application tile it would list the most recent files which had been opened. Very usefull!!! This has now dissapeared and I have to open the app, and then find...
  7. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  8. Start Menu Recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Recent files: On windows 7 it's convenient to have recent file at Start menu. How can I find this on windows 10? 11471
  9. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  10. start menu documents

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu documents: hi on my start menu i have turned on the options for the following to appear on the start menu documents downloads music pictures videos all work fine except for documents, when I click it it opens one drive instead of documents, the documents in the quick...