Windows 10: No recovery key

Discus and support No recovery key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer keeps telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key and when i go to find mine it tells me i dont have one associated with my account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by laura bravo, May 27, 2024.

1. No recovery key

My computer keeps telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key and when i go to find mine it tells me i dont have one associated with my account. I try to restart and do any of the other options it offers but it wont let me do anything without my recovery key. I try to both clean restart and save my files but both end up not working.

:)

laura bravo, May 27, 2024
  2. saqib_415 Win User

Lost bitlocker recovery key

I have lost my bitlocker recovery key and tried following the recovery steps. I have also searched and tried following the command prompts suggested but none have worked.

saqib_415, May 27, 2024
  3. one key recovery

Hi Nawaxx,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to download and install the latest software for ‘One Key Recovery’ from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, uninstall the software and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the driver and click on properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for Run in Compatibility mode.
    • Select Windows 8 from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and then OK.
    • Install the driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 27, 2024
  4. baraki t Win User

No recovery key

Recovery Key

Thank you for the reply.

On the link you mentioned there are five steps to turn off the recovery key and I couldn't find I don't own this phone anymore
    option which is 2nd on the list.

Could you please help me how to find that option.

Thank you!!!

baraki t, May 27, 2024
Thema:

No recovery key

1. No recovery key - Similar Threads - recovery key

2. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key: After a software update the computer won't start and it's prompting me to enter a bitlocker recovery key. I haven't made such a key. I have tried locking into my own account, my sons account and a few other related accounts, where it isn't stored. I can't start the computer,...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key: After a software update the computer won't start and it's prompting me to enter a bitlocker recovery key. I haven't made such a key. I have tried locking into my own account, my sons account and a few other related accounts, where it isn't stored. I can't start the computer,...
  4. Failed to unlock with this recovery key //Dell windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to unlock with this recovery key //Dell windows 11: Hi,I tried to reset the system. Many times.I have entered the recovery keys but it says Failed to unlock with this recovery key. Dont know what to do....
  5. Failed to unlock with this recovery key //Dell windows 11

Failed to unlock with this recovery key //Dell windows 11: Hi,I tried to reset the system. Many times.I have entered the recovery keys but it says Failed to unlock with this recovery key. Dont know what to do....
  6. How do I fix Error: JSON value not found when trying to back up recovery key to Entra...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Error: JSON value not found when trying to back up recovery key to Entra...: I'm having an issue on multiple Entra ID joined not hybrid joined Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2 endpoints failing to back up the Bitlocker recovery information to Entra ID/Intune. Here is the on-screen error displayed when trying to do this backup through the UI.ScreenshotThis...
  7. How do I fix Error: JSON value not found when trying to back up recovery key to Entra...

How do I fix Error: JSON value not found when trying to back up recovery key to Entra...: I'm having an issue on multiple Entra ID joined not hybrid joined Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2 endpoints failing to back up the Bitlocker recovery information to Entra ID/Intune. Here is the on-screen error displayed when trying to do this backup through the UI.ScreenshotThis...
  8. Want to recover Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to recover Bitlocker recovery key: Want a bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-recover-bitlocker-recovery-key/e9845844-216c-46a2-ae10-323a919049b8
  9. Want to recover Bitlocker recovery key

Want to recover Bitlocker recovery key: Want a bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-recover-bitlocker-recovery-key/e9845844-216c-46a2-ae10-323a919049b8
  10. BitLocker recovery keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery keys: Hi,My laptop is asking for BitLocker recovery keys, but I never set them up, so I can't log in. According to Microsoft, my only option is to do a clean installation and reinstall Windows. Can I back up all my data before the reinstallation? If so, how can I do it?Thank you....