Windows 10: No recovery partition in 1903?

Discus and support No recovery partition in 1903? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I just did a clean install of version 1903. It's on an old legacy bios system. First thing I noticed was there is no recovery partition! I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NavyLCDR, May 12, 2019.

1. NavyLCDR Win User

No recovery partition in 1903?

So, I just did a clean install of version 1903. It's on an old legacy bios system. First thing I noticed was there is no recovery partition! I only have a 579 MB system reserved partition and the OS partition (118.67 GB on a 128 GB SSD). Reagentc /info shows recovery is a folder in the OS partition now. Anyone else notice this? Before the clean install, I ran diskpart clean command on the drives and installed to the unallocated space to let setup create whatever partitions it wanted.

:)

NavyLCDR, May 12, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, May 12, 2019
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! No recovery partition in 1903? :)

RyoTakagi, May 12, 2019
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. No recovery partition in 1903? - Similar Threads - recovery partition 1903

2. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery partition: My hp laptop suddenly threw up a twirling recovering disc image. Now many of my apps like Edge and others don't work. When I look at disc management I see my C drive has a recovery partition. How do I make use of this?...
  3. RECOVERY PARTITION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RECOVERY PARTITION: What will happen if I reformat recovery partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/recovery-partition/aefc4c41-c484-430f-9ea2-9161022514d1
  4. Recovery partitions

Recovery partitions: I can see that there is at least one recovery partition on a newly installed Windows 10 machine. Can these partitions be used for a system restore or is the install media still required?...
  5. Recovery Partition

Recovery Partition: Hello. I had transferred the recovery partition to a USB but my grandchild broke it. I have succeeded in recovering the files from that partition. Can I do something with that to have a recovery USB. Thanks to all....
  6. Two recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two recovery partitions?: Hi, I am using Windows 10.0.16299 build 16299 My PC is UEFI. I noticed this partition layout: [img] is it normal? Why two recovery partition (at beginning and at the end)? Thank you! 106688
  7. 2 recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 recovery partitions: after performing an upgrade, I have 2 recovery partitions, the same size, one at the beginning of the disk and the new one at the end of the disk I only need one, right? Two ideas came to mind: 1 boot into linux, copy the contents of the second partition to the first...
  8. 20 Recovery Partitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20 Recovery Partitions: [img] WTF is that about? How do I fix that, seems wasteful... 95342
  9. 250mg recovery partition ?

250mg recovery partition ?: Hi, Okay this last install of 9926 installed without the 250mg recovery partition that prior builds have produced ? Anyone else seeing this ? I have since removed the build I had enough looking at it.... But found that interesting the recovery partition was not installed...
  10. Making a Recovery Partition?

Making a Recovery Partition?: Recovery Partition... The thread above reminded me... My laptop has a partition with Windows 7 on it for recovery purposes. It was a long time ago, but I think I created it from an ISO. I can't even remember how it should be used! Is it possible to create the same in...