Windows 10: No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows

Discus and support No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two PCs. The default Administrator account on A was able to connect to the default Administrator account on B via Remote Desktop. Later, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 萬物為銅, Sep 15, 2019.

1. No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows

I have two PCs. The default Administrator account on A was able to connect to the default Administrator account on B via Remote Desktop. Later, the default Administrator account was turned into a Microsoft account and it was still able to connect from A to the Administrator account on B using the same saved credential from before. Few days ago, I re-installed Windows 10 on B and lost the Remote Desktop capability to connect to B. The Administrator-turned-Microsoft account on A can no longer connect to the default Administrator account on B.

There is another administrator account which exists on both A and B and it can connect from A to B via Remote Desktop (and this is how I'm writing this question from A via Remote Desktop to B. A has no Internet connection, B does.) Why can this Administrator-turned-Microsoft account not connect to B? How to fix it?

I have searched and found many articles describing how to add users to Remote Desktop but I can't follow. Most of the articles deals with reinstalling Windows on A and losing Remote Desktop capability to connect to B. In my case, I reinstall Windows on B and cannot connect from A, which doesn't change, to B. In particular, on B, how do I find and grant permission to network users? I can't enter the name of network computer. I guess that's why B cannot find users on network computers.

:)

萬物為銅, Sep 15, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 15, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 15, 2019
  4. No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows

1. No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows - Similar Threads - remote desktop reinstallation

2. Windows remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote desktop: HiI have been trying to access my main pc windows 10 pro OS with my laptop windows 11 Home OS and i keep getting logon attempt failures, i have tried resetting my microsoft account password, i have tried to sinc my local passwords through commond promt and it just wont work,...
  3. Windows remote desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows remote desktop: HiI have been trying to access my main pc windows 10 pro OS with my laptop windows 11 Home OS and i keep getting logon attempt failures, i have tried resetting my microsoft account password, i have tried to sinc my local passwords through commond promt and it just wont work,...
  4. Windows Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote Desktop: I'm looking for a way I can remotely view my PCs at home through my iPhone or Windows laptop to ensure my kids are doing homework and not messing around with other things. I understand you have to have the pro versions of either Windows 10 or 11 and have the app installed on...
  5. Windows Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Desktop: I'm looking for a way I can remotely view my PCs at home through my iPhone or Windows laptop to ensure my kids are doing homework and not messing around with other things. I understand you have to have the pro versions of either Windows 10 or 11 and have the app installed on...
  6. Windows Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Remote Desktop: I am having trouble setting up Windows Remote Desktop. When I go into Setting>system>Remote Desktop it shows that my Win 10 Home edition does not support remote desktop. I read that the Microsoft Store has a remote desktop app and it does not mention requiring the Pro...
  7. Windows Remote Desktop

Windows Remote Desktop: Hi, I have a Pc with Windows 10 pro installed and a Macbook Pro. I am able to start a Remote Desktop Session to that Pc from my Macbook. When I start that session I get one window with the desktop of my Windows 10 Pc. Is it possible to start that session and get twoor...
  8. Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote

Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote: Hi All, I'm using Windows 10 Pro I'm using remote desktop to access my laptop from my PC. Sometimes I need to restart my laptop and I lose the remote connection. I then have to enter credentials again (password and laptop name) to access my laptop. My question is - Is...
  9. Remote Desktop not working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop not working after update: Running third party RDP "RDPWrap-v1.6.2" and after updating 1809 on 12/16/2018 build 17763.194 it stopped working. Just in case you start searching: I tried the following .reg which is shown in several places on the internet, but it did not work: Windows Registry Editor...
  10. After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper

After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper: I can do a remote desktop connection to my Win 10 Pro x64 system with no issues. But the next time I log in to that system locally my wallpaper doesn't show. It just shows the default solid black color. My wallpaper is still selected under Personalize, but it's not showing....