Windows 10: No "Reset This PC" option

Discus and support No "Reset This PC" option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dale_B, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Dale_B Win User

No "Reset This PC" option

Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive.

Analysis: using Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management

On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position.

Solution:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...ows-recovery-environment-in-windows-10.76815/

Display windows recovery environment information:

reagentc /info

I had to set path to WinRE partition using the command change harddisk# and partition# to suit your situation:

reagentc /setreimage \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE

Then enable this automatically sets the identifier:

reagentc /enable

:)

Dale_B, Dec 28, 2019

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Dec 28, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Reset this PC option missing.

In this case, since the Reset this PC option is missing, we suggest that you perform a custom installation in Windows 10 using your USB media. To do this, we recommend that you follow the steps provided
    in this
    article
    created by Andre Da Costa . This contains information, including the step-by-step instruction on how to perform a custom installation in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. No "Reset This PC" option - Similar Threads - Reset option

2. There's no option to reset my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's no option to reset my computer!: I need to delete everything on this device and start from scratch but its not giving me an option to reset it. please help. almost all of my apps are not working so I need to reset this pc...
  3. There's no option to reset my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's no option to reset my computer!: I need to delete everything on this device and start from scratch but its not giving me an option to reset it. please help. almost all of my apps are not working so I need to reset this pc...
  4. There's no option to reset my computer!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option: Hi there, i'm hoping someone can help. My Lenovo ideapad3 has gone to blue screen and I am unable to restart Windows. Not sure what happened but i think something to do with trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I called Lenovo support and they told me i have to reset the laptop...
  6. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option: Hi there, i'm hoping someone can help. My Lenovo ideapad3 has gone to blue screen and I am unable to restart Windows. Not sure what happened but i think something to do with trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I called Lenovo support and they told me i have to reset the laptop...
  7. Windows 10 Reset Keeping My Files Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  9. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  10. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging