Windows 10: No "Reset This PC" option

Discus and support No "Reset This PC" option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dale_B, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Dale_B Win User

No "Reset This PC" option

Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive.

Analysis: using Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management

On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position.

Solution:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...ows-recovery-environment-in-windows-10.76815/

Display windows recovery environment information:

reagentc /info

I had to set path to WinRE partition using the command change harddisk# and partition# to suit your situation:

reagentc /setreimage \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE

Then enable this automatically sets the identifier:

reagentc /enable

:)

Dale_B, Dec 28, 2019

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Dec 28, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Reset this PC option missing.

In this case, since the Reset this PC option is missing, we suggest that you perform a custom installation in Windows 10 using your USB media. To do this, we recommend that you follow the steps provided
    in this
    article
    created by Andre Da Costa . This contains information, including the step-by-step instruction on how to perform a custom installation in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. No "Reset This PC" option - Similar Threads - Reset option

2. No option on login page for resetting pin, but it's required to get into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option on login page for resetting pin, but it's required to get into computer: Hello, I was washing dishes and when I tried to log into my computer, because of the swollen finger print I wasn't able to. I tried twice and then it said I had to sign in with a pin. Because of the convenience of standing in with my fingerprint, I had completely forgotten my...
  3. No option on login page for resetting pin, but it's required to get into computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option on login page for resetting pin, but it's required to get into computer: Hello, I was washing dishes and when I tried to log into my computer, because of the swollen finger print I wasn't able to. I tried twice and then it said I had to sign in with a pin. Because of the convenience of standing in with my fingerprint, I had completely forgotten my...
  4. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option Bitlocker: If I reset my Laptop and select Keep my files. Can I access my files even if my SSD has a BitLocker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-pc-keep-my-files-option-bitlocker/48caacce-4757-4278-a270-f5c3c1d46975
  5. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option Bitlocker

Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option Bitlocker: If I reset my Laptop and select Keep my files. Can I access my files even if my SSD has a BitLocker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-pc-keep-my-files-option-bitlocker/48caacce-4757-4278-a270-f5c3c1d46975
  6. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reset Microsoft password not working on troubleshoot advanced options page when trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Microsoft password not working on troubleshoot advanced options page when trying to...: Hi,I’m having trouble with my Microsoft laptop. When I turn it on, it starts up but then just goes to a blue screen with the loading wheel. I have forced the laptop to shut down twice to get to the Troubleshooting > Advanced Options page. I want to try to use the option to...
  8. Reset Microsoft password not working on troubleshoot advanced options page when trying to...

Reset Microsoft password not working on troubleshoot advanced options page when trying to...: Hi,I’m having trouble with my Microsoft laptop. When I turn it on, it starts up but then just goes to a blue screen with the loading wheel. I have forced the laptop to shut down twice to get to the Troubleshooting > Advanced Options page. I want to try to use the option to...
  9. How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?

How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?: My windows 10 PC has been BSOD critical process died since the 11th of June Previous post hereSince preforming this in command prompt:bootrec /fixmbrbootrec /fixbootbootsect /nt60 sysbootrec /fixbootbootrec /rebuildbcdbcdboot c:\windowsbootrec /rebuildbcdchkdsk c: /fsfc...
  10. How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?: My windows 10 PC has been BSOD critical process died since the 11th of June Previous post hereSince preforming this in command prompt:bootrec /fixmbrbootrec /fixbootbootsect /nt60 sysbootrec /fixbootbootrec /rebuildbcdbcdboot c:\windowsbootrec /rebuildbcdchkdsk c: /fsfc...