Windows 10: No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons

Discus and support No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell PC Running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 2004 Since updating windows to latest version, I have not been able to access various taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bluesgene55, Jun 27, 2020.

1. No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons

Dell PC Running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 2004

Since updating windows to latest version, I have not been able to access various taskbar system apps Action Center, Clock, Sound Volume, Network when left clicking icons. In addition, there's no response when right clicking apps that I added to taskbar. The only thing I've tried so far is to restart PC and I've checked Windows Update to make sure everything is successfully updated, and it is.

At first I thought it was just the Action Center so, in my attempt to investigate, I went to Notifications & Actions in Settings. When I clicked on 'Edit your quick actions a message popped up stating "Give us a minute. We're updating Windows Shell Experience Host. It should be ready to use again shortly", but it never updates. I've been checking this everyday but still keep getting the same message. Could this be the problem?

:)

bluesgene55, Jun 27, 2020

2. Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 27, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in taskbar do nothing when clicked

I had the same problem with my Volume icon at system tray. The following tutorial will fix it.

Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

Use Option One :
    Start with step #3 and 4 > click the Download buttons > continue to step #7 through 11.
    Restart computer afterwards, just to make sure.

davidhk, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons

1. No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons - Similar Threads - response clicking action

2. When I click on Clock, Volume, Network, etc on Taskbar nothing happens windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on Clock, Volume, Network, etc on Taskbar nothing happens windows 10: Ever since a major windows update that took ages to install though multiple restarts, I have this problem where the majority of the windows taskbar is unresponsive.Can't type to search in the start menu.Can't click on search.Can't right click on programs.Can't open the "News...
  3. Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working: Action center, battery status, sound, wifi, and clock icons not workinghey guys, in windows 10 all of the icons beside the clock except the language icon are not working they don't do anything when I press them , a restart fixes it but after restarting again they stop working...
  4. Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working: Action center, battery status, sound, wifi, and clock icons not workinghey guys, in windows 10 all of the icons beside the clock except the language icon are not working they don't do anything when I press them , a restart fixes it but after restarting again they stop working...
  5. Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Taskbar icons invisible and action center not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons invisible and action center not working: When I turned my pc on today again the taskbar wasn't showing any icons, only the search bar, hour and action center (which doesn't work). All the apps that launch automatically didn't start either. I tried re-pinning the apps to the taskbar but it said instead "unpin the...
  7. Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working: Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-battery-status-sound-wifi-and-clock/a69a82d3-33f3-4b0f-b21a-90f792f7b517
  8. Issues with Action Center and Taskbar Icons Not Clickable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Action Center and Taskbar Icons Not Clickable.: After the most recent major update, I am no longer able to open any of my Windows Taskbar buttons such as clock, internet connection or the action center. Tried restarting windows explorer and running /sfc scannow. Any help would be much appreciated! submitted by...
  9. action center in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    action center in taskbar: in the taskbar it shows there is a notification from something but when I click on the message icon it comes up with the side bar that usually shows up but its blank and the selectable things come up such as all settings and ect....
  10. Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working: Hi All, I've tried everything short of resetting my pc to get my action center icon on my taskbar to function normally. Right now it will turn white like a new notification is available, but when I click on it nothing happens. Also..when I press the Ctrl + A keys, nothing...