Windows 10: No restart after upgrading

Discus and support No restart after upgrading in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having some hard times with my pc after installing windows 10...I used to have windows 8.1 and everything was fine. Since I downloaded 10:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sa4, Aug 12, 2015.

1. SA4
    sa4 Win User

No restart after upgrading

Hi, I'm having some hard times with my pc after installing windows 10...I used to have windows 8.1 and everything was fine. Since I downloaded 10:
    -it's no more possible fro me to restart my pc: it stops during the process.
    -programs behave weirdly: adobe is going mad, it's no more possible to close skype when I don't need it, and other minor issues.
    Now, I tried to go back to Windows8.1, I tried to reset the pc, BUT OF COURSE I CAN'T BECAUSE THE RESTART OPTION DOESN'T WORK!!!
    I'm totally disappointed, I want my old OS back...or at least, could someone help me to solve these problems?
    Thanks in advance*Sad

:)

2. No restart after upgrading from Windows 10 version 1703 to Windows 10 version 1709

I Upgraded to Windows 10 version 1709 a few hours ago. After a final restart the screen is blank with the dotted circle turning round and round. well over two hours now. I haven't done anything except for clicking the mouse a few times. Help!!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

RemoCostantini, Aug 12, 2015
  3. No restart after upgrading from Windows 10 version 1703 to Windows 10 version 1709

• Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup goes beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps.
    • Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 20 mins to 1 hour.
    • If you are using a laptop, remove the battery if the option is available.
    • Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet and/or turn off Wi-Fi).
    • Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer.
    • See if it completes setup.
    • If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.
    • Update drivers: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

No restart after upgrading

1. No restart after upgrading - Similar Threads - restart upgrading

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. Why Windows 10 Cant Upgrade? Its Rollback Everytime After Restart

Why Windows 10 Cant Upgrade? Its Rollback Everytime After Restart: 2023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029244............Everytime Its Download ...Install And Automatically Rollback After Install.............Why Last 5 Days Its Make me annoying.... 50 time i install This .... But No...
  5. Why Windows 10 Cant Upgrade? Its Rollback Everytime After Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Windows 10 Cant Upgrade? Its Rollback Everytime After Restart: 2023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029244............Everytime Its Download ...Install And Automatically Rollback After Install.............Why Last 5 Days Its Make me annoying.... 50 time i install This .... But No...
  6. Why Windows 10 Cant Upgrade? Its Rollback Everytime After Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  8. Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after upgrading Motherboard, CPU and RAM: I have been experiencing random restarts while I have been playing video games. They are a 41 Event ID in the Event Viewer. I have the .dmp files. I cannot tell if its hardware failure or drivers....
  9. Windows 11 upgrades when laptop sleeps and I am logged in and "No auto-restart with logged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrades when laptop sleeps and I am logged in and "No auto-restart with logged...: Hello,So I really don't like Windows upgrading when I am logged in projects and documents are open on my desktop. I ALWAYS loose work when this happens.I enabled "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" to avoid this.Yet last night...
  10. Windows 11 upgrades when laptop sleeps and I am logged in and "No auto-restart with logged...

Windows 11 upgrades when laptop sleeps and I am logged in and "No auto-restart with logged...: Hello,So I really don't like Windows upgrading when I am logged in projects and documents are open on my desktop. I ALWAYS loose work when this happens.I enabled "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" to avoid this.Yet last night...