Windows 10: No restart after upgrading

Discus and support No restart after upgrading in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having some hard times with my pc after installing windows 10...I used to have windows 8.1 and everything was fine. Since I downloaded 10:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sa4, Aug 12, 2015.

1. SA4
    sa4 Win User

No restart after upgrading

Hi, I'm having some hard times with my pc after installing windows 10...I used to have windows 8.1 and everything was fine. Since I downloaded 10:
    -it's no more possible fro me to restart my pc: it stops during the process.
    -programs behave weirdly: adobe is going mad, it's no more possible to close skype when I don't need it, and other minor issues.
    Now, I tried to go back to Windows8.1, I tried to reset the pc, BUT OF COURSE I CAN'T BECAUSE THE RESTART OPTION DOESN'T WORK!!!
    I'm totally disappointed, I want my old OS back...or at least, could someone help me to solve these problems?
    Thanks in advance*Sad

:)

2. No restart after upgrading from Windows 10 version 1703 to Windows 10 version 1709

I Upgraded to Windows 10 version 1709 a few hours ago. After a final restart the screen is blank with the dotted circle turning round and round. well over two hours now. I haven't done anything except for clicking the mouse a few times. Help!!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

RemoCostantini, Aug 12, 2015
  3. No restart after upgrading from Windows 10 version 1703 to Windows 10 version 1709

• Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup goes beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps.
    • Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 20 mins to 1 hour.
    • If you are using a laptop, remove the battery if the option is available.
    • Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet and/or turn off Wi-Fi).
    • Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer.
    • See if it completes setup.
    • If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.
    • Update drivers: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

No restart after upgrading

1. No restart after upgrading - Similar Threads - restart upgrading

2. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute after in-place upgrade from 1703 - 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your PC will automatically restart in one minute after in-place upgrade from 1703 - 1809: Hi, We faced with issue related restart loop after In-place upgrade Computer is updated across SCCM Task Sequence to 1809. When user trying to enter to their profile it shows message about : [ATTACH] Your PC will automatically restart in one minute Recreate user profile...
  3. Prevent restart for upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent restart for upgrades: How can I prevent restarts to install upgrades. My computer is failing on restarts and I don't want upgrades installed while I'm trouble shooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-restart-for-upgrades/ff3649be-fa37-4ffc-90eb-736207f77886
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, everything fine until restart, and now desktop files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, everything fine until restart, and now desktop files...: So today I decided to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 from Windows 7 using the upgrade tool. The update went smoothly, and after booting into Windows 10 the first time I went ahead and started getting everything squared away. I moved some VERY important folders onto the...
  5. upgrade 1903 doesn't restart

upgrade 1903 doesn't restart: I have a dual boot with Grub to Linux Mint and Windows 10. After upgrading Windows to version 1903, Grub loads and can start Linux but not Windows! Please help. Thank you....
  6. Restarts and Freezes after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarts and Freezes after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop and just cloned my Windows 7 installation to a new SSD and upgraded to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I then updated all drivers that could be updated. Everything went smoothly and seemed to be running fine. But today, every time I...
  7. Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker suspends after Microsoft 10 Pro Upgrade and cannot be restarted: After I ungraded my Windows 10 Pro with the latest update from Microsoft, my Bitlocker encryption was suspended. I do have TPM 2.0. When I tried to resume it, I received an error message trying to open the Wizard. I cannot turn Bitlocker back on and need it for my...
  8. BSOD During Restart, following new RAM upgrade & fresh Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD During Restart, following new RAM upgrade & fresh Windows 10: Repeated MEMORY MANAGEMENT error BSOD after RAM upgrade from 2GB to a new 4GB Kingston DDR3 1600Mhz, 1.35V. Installed a fresh Windows 10 & did all automatic driver updates. Still got a BSOD during restart. I checked the ram with Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool & found no...
  9. Sudden restarts after upgrading memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden restarts after upgrading memory: Hi More than a month ago I upgraded my memory to 16GB from 8GB (added one stick). Since then it was working much faster and everything seemed to be ok but I experienced 3 sudden restarts of the Windows (the last one was last night, at 3am when I was asleep). I made...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade fails after first restart

Windows 10 upgrade fails after first restart: So I used Upgrade Assistant tool to upgrade my Windows 10 Anniversary copy to Creators Update. As soon as copying files is done, the computer restarts as usual. But there's something uncommon, my computer did not boot and entered straight to BIOS screen. I found out that...