Windows 10: No restore from Seagate. Windows task scheduler can't be started

Discus and support No restore from Seagate. Windows task scheduler can't be started in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to restore a file from a Seagate external drive. The backup seems to be working OK, but when I try to restore, I get a message "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by disney52fan, Jul 31, 2016.

1. No restore from Seagate. Windows task scheduler can't be started

• I am trying to restore a file from a Seagate external drive. The backup seems to be working OK, but when I try to restore, I get a message "Windows Task Scheduler cannot be started. Please check if the Task Scheduler service is active before running a backup job." What do I do?

:)

disney52fan, Jul 31, 2016

2. Update KB4034674 corrupted my system.

Update KB4034674 has stopped Text Services Framework & Task Schedular from running. Windows reset crashes & system restore says no restore points have been created. Microsoft support took control of my system and attempted to reset window. After restart
    it says there was a problem and no changes were made...I tried everything to fix myself. I am only able to type after running "ctfmon.exe" after using the windows + r on the keyboard. System defrag says "the task scheduler is not running, start the task scheduler.
    Start task scheduler is grayed out?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PaulBergey, Jul 31, 2016
  3. how do I restore windows defender scheduled scan for windows 10?

I unintentionally deleted windows defender scheduled scan from task scheduler library; how can I restore it?

rggraham1947, Jul 31, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

No restore from Seagate. Windows task scheduler can't be started

Please try the following:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt by right-clicking on CMD.EXE shortcut in your start menu and selecting Run As Administrator from the context menu.
    • Type the following commands pressing Enter after each one:
      Code:
      REG EXPORT HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule %TEMP%\Schedule.reg
      REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule /F /V Start /T REG_DWORD /D 2
    • Reboot the computer.

spunk, Aug 1, 2016
  5. Thank you for your help. I typed in the first line and received the following response after I pressed Enter: "File C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Schedule.reg already exists. Overwrite (Yes/No)?" Should I answer Yes?

disney52fan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No restore from Seagate. Windows task scheduler can't be started

1. No restore from Seagate. Windows task scheduler can't be started - Similar Threads - restore Seagate task

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can't manualy start task scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't manualy start task scheduler: task scheduler is not running tried:SC config schedule start= auto result acces denied :DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth done activation with services.msc [ATTACH] can't manualy start task scheduler...
  6. Can't start TASK SCHEDULE nor NATURAL AUTHENTICATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't start TASK SCHEDULE nor NATURAL AUTHENTICATION: When I try to start TASK SCHEDULE I get a message error: task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped I tried all the suggestion in this forum, no success. Then, see dependencies with NATURAL AUTHENTICATION. I couln't start this process due to the...
  7. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  8. Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation: I have set up the following in Task Scheduler:- [img] However it does not work! Any ideas anyone? PS: How can I enable history? 31873
  9. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...