Windows 10: No results found for Windows Backup...

Discus and support No results found for Windows Backup... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I thought this was kind of funny: [img] I'm pretty sure it was called "Windows Backup" in Windows 7... now it's just called "Backup". It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tefohape, May 10, 2020.

1. tefohape Win User

No results found for Windows Backup...

I thought this was kind of funny:

No results found for Windows Backup... [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure it was called "Windows Backup" in Windows 7... now it's just called "Backup".

It seems like a search issue for a user when they search for Windows Backup and find nothing when Backup is literally to backup their Windows info (which can include a full image backup of their Windows OS). It is literally meant to backup Windows.

It's especially funny when the OS has Windows Update... why is it called Windows Update instead of just Update when the Backup for Windows is called Backup instead of Windows Backup? I can't make any sense of Microsoft sometimes.

:)

tefohape, May 10, 2020

2. Don't have any function for backup

Hi Iris,

Let's work together on this. We suggest that you follow the following steps to apply the backup to your Windows Phone:

• Sign into the same Microsoft Account used for the backup creation.
    • When prompted to use a backup to restore the handset, select the desired backup and hit ‘next’ to continue with the process.
    • The backup will then download (duration will vary depending on speed of connection and size of backup), you can then enter passwords for restored accounts there and then or configure restored email and social accounts later.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, May 10, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 10, 2020
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• No results found for Windows Backup... [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. No results found for Windows Backup... - Similar Threads - results found Backup

2. where is backup found in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where is backup found in windows 10 ?: recently my Drive F stopped working, so where is my backup found to restore the lost FC packet ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-backup-found-in-windows-10/ce20dd98-8486-42d9-b819-fa57606d577a
  3. where is backup found in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is backup found in windows 10 ?: recently my Drive F stopped working, so where is my backup found to restore the lost FC packet ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-backup-found-in-windows-10/ce20dd98-8486-42d9-b819-fa57606d577a
  4. where is backup found in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Backup Results in 0x8078011E

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup Results in 0x8078011E: I am encountering the following problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-error-0x8078011e-efi-system-partition-esp/8de69116-dee4-4b3b-a9f7-e917741530aa?auth=1&page=2 I have tried a clean boot and it still occurs. I do not have Avast installed...
  6. No results found for Windows Backup...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No results found for Windows Backup...: I thought this was kind of funny: [img] I'm pretty sure it was called "Windows Backup" in Windows 7... now it's just called "Backup". It seems like a search issue for a user when they search for Windows Backup and find nothing when Backup is literally to backup their...
  7. Memory diagnostic test results not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory diagnostic test results not found: I have run the test twice now and can't find the results. Based on community threads, I've looked in the windows system log and can find the events for the 'diagnostic being scheduled immediately' - both times - but never any results... any ideas?...
  8. Backup "No usable drives found"

Backup "No usable drives found": Windows 10 Pro, Insider Preview. Was checking my Backup and found it was not running. Has in the past and have an older File History on an external drive. I want to create a new File History backup on a SSD, "D" on this PC. Go to "Add a Drive" in Settings, says "No usable...
  9. Backup "No usable drives found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup "No usable drives found": Windows 10 Pro, Insider Preview. Was checking my Backup and found it was not running. Has in the past and have an older File History on an external drive. I want to create a new File History backup on a SSD, "D" on this PC. Go to "Add a Drive" in Settings, says "No usable...
  10. Checking backup status results in logs for "lost+found\......"?

Checking backup status results in logs for "lost+found\......"?: As stated in the title. How can I troubleshoot this issue, whilst there is no folder "lost+found" present on the system. [img] Any ideas and/or directions for these log-entries: 1. where are they created locally, as during the consistency check of the backups, the...