Windows 10: No results when I click properties

Discus and support No results when I click properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I right click and then click Properties, the box just goes away and nothing comes up. I have a .chm file that won't open in Win10, Research shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kordster, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Kordster Win User

No results when I click properties

When I right click and then click Properties, the box just goes away and nothing comes up. I have a .chm file that won't open in Win10, Research shows I should click unblock in properties to get it to work. I can't get to properties to do this. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have tried to access the properties on .chm, .doc and .pdf files. I searched but didn't find any other reported incidents like this. Any ideas are appreciated.

:)

Kordster, Nov 26, 2015
  2. sonorwill Win User

Windows 10, When I right click on "Properties" in a file or a folder, nothing happens. The rest of the (right click) choices work fine.

When I right click on "Properties" in a file or a folder, nothing happens The rest of the right click menu choices work fine.

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i5-6200u CPU@ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz

6.00 GB RAM

64-bit OS,x64-based processor

Touch Support

sonorwill, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Windows 10, When I right click on "Properties" in a file or a folder, nothing happens. The rest of the (right click) choices work fine.

Hey sonorwill,

It sounds like to me your Windows installation's integrity might be compromise. To be certain, follow these instructions:

Open up the Command Prompt as admin, and enter "sfc /scannow". This is a necessary precursor to finding a solution, if this isn't the solution already, to make sure your Windows installation is intact.

Let me know how this goes.

Ethan B., Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

No results when I click properties

1. No results when I click properties - Similar Threads - results click properties

2. Mouse lagging and explorer shutted down when right click and click the properties on a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse lagging and explorer shutted down when right click and click the properties on a...: So after i installed an application. I wanted to know where it is located, instead by clicking the "Open File Location" button. I clicked on the Properties to set it to run as administrator. But when i clicked the Properties button on that shortcut, my mouse started to...
  3. Notifications Do Nothing When I Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications Do Nothing When I Click: When I open the Notification area and click on a notification (e.g. a new email), nothing happens: it simply disappears! I have an Asus N550JV with Windows 10 Home (1809)...
  4. Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar: Can't find Properties when I right click on Task bar. Hi my VPN Provider is trying to help me keep their app icon to display correctly in system tray, they ask me to right click on Taskbar, and go to Properties,but it is not showing,will attach,operating system,new monitor...
  5. Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option: ...therefore I am no longer able to auto hide the task bar ot change any of the other config options via that menu option. I have turned tablet mode on and off as advised in this thread Does anyone have any suggestions? .... I see someone else reported this problem as...
  6. Very high temporary memory usage when doing right-click Properties

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high temporary memory usage when doing right-click Properties: I have an odd problem, and I'm not sure when it started (my system did not used to behave this way). When I do a right click on a file and select properties, it takes about 30 seconds to display the file properties. Using the Resource Monitor, I see that during this 30...
  7. No properties on right click

in Windows 10 Support
    No properties on right click: Windows 10 My windows desktop has become strange. right clicking on my taskbar do not show properties. Any window opens maximized without the option to restore or minimize. Menu button missing on the taskbar but exists as an icon on the desktop. The leftmost icon on the...
  8. 'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu: I am currently using Windows 10 pro 64 bit having upgraded from Windows 7 pro and I am experiencing a strange problem. When I right click on a file ( .WAV, .MP3, .JPG, .DOC etc ) in Windows Explorer and then select the 'Properties' option, the expected properties window...
  9. No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar: I have a clean install of build 14332 No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen? [img] This is the menu I am trying to get to (image from the web not my PC) [img] 51030
  10. Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding: When I right click in certain areas on my computer, I get a Not Responding error. This happens with my mouse and trackpad when I right click, so it's my computer and not mouse. For example: Applies to: - Desktop folders/icons/files. When my desktop stops responding, it...