Windows 10: No results when I click properties

Discus and support No results when I click properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I right click and then click Properties, the box just goes away and nothing comes up. I have a .chm file that won't open in Win10, Research shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kordster, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Kordster Win User

No results when I click properties

When I right click and then click Properties, the box just goes away and nothing comes up. I have a .chm file that won't open in Win10, Research shows I should click unblock in properties to get it to work. I can't get to properties to do this. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have tried to access the properties on .chm, .doc and .pdf files. I searched but didn't find any other reported incidents like this. Any ideas are appreciated.

:)

Kordster, Nov 26, 2015
  2. sonorwill Win User

Windows 10, When I right click on "Properties" in a file or a folder, nothing happens. The rest of the (right click) choices work fine.

When I right click on "Properties" in a file or a folder, nothing happens The rest of the right click menu choices work fine.

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core i5-6200u CPU@ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz

6.00 GB RAM

64-bit OS,x64-based processor

Touch Support

sonorwill, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Windows 10, When I right click on "Properties" in a file or a folder, nothing happens. The rest of the (right click) choices work fine.

Hey sonorwill,

It sounds like to me your Windows installation's integrity might be compromise. To be certain, follow these instructions:

Open up the Command Prompt as admin, and enter "sfc /scannow". This is a necessary precursor to finding a solution, if this isn't the solution already, to make sure your Windows installation is intact.

Let me know how this goes.

Ethan B., Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

No results when I click properties

1. No results when I click properties - Similar Threads - results click properties

2. When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...: A game I am trying to launch is not launching correctly so I am trying to launch as admin and can't because there is no way to access launch as admin. I have reset my computer I have updated my computer I have tried doing this in files I have tried looking it up I have tried...
  3. When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...: A game I am trying to launch is not launching correctly so I am trying to launch as admin and can't because there is no way to access launch as admin. I have reset my computer I have updated my computer I have tried doing this in files I have tried looking it up I have tried...
  4. When I click on Properties C: there's a triangle alert with a ! i the middle of it. WHy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on Properties C: there's a triangle alert with a ! i the middle of it. WHy?: THis is what it looks like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-properties-c-theres-a-triangle/f85b30f6-6cf8-4321-ac0c-95869b8a16ea
  5. When I click on Properties C: there's a triangle alert with a ! i the middle of it. WHy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on Properties C: there's a triangle alert with a ! i the middle of it. WHy?: THis is what it looks like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-properties-c-theres-a-triangle/f85b30f6-6cf8-4321-ac0c-95869b8a16ea
  6. When I click on Properties C: there's a triangle alert with a ! i the middle of it. WHy?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No locations tab for documents when I click properties.: Hi! This is my first post ever on Reddit, sadly it will be used to ask the question of, "How do I get my locations tab back when I click properties?" I've searched everywhere for this simple question but, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I feel like my laptop...
  8. Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar: Can't find Properties when I right click on Task bar. Hi my VPN Provider is trying to help me keep their app icon to display correctly in system tray, they ask me to right click on Taskbar, and go to Properties,but it is not showing,will attach,operating system,new monitor...
  9. No properties on right click

in Windows 10 Support
    No properties on right click: Windows 10 My windows desktop has become strange. right clicking on my taskbar do not show properties. Any window opens maximized without the option to restore or minimize. Menu button missing on the taskbar but exists as an icon on the desktop. The leftmost icon on the...
  10. No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar: I have a clean install of build 14332 No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen? [img] This is the menu I am trying to get to (image from the web not my PC) [img] 51030