Windows 10: No rollback option.

Discus and support No rollback option. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a few issues with the Windows 10 install on my Asus X200 laptop and want to rollback to Win 8.1. However, when I go into Settings/Update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FloridaPhil, Aug 4, 2015.

1. No rollback option.

I have a few issues with the Windows 10 install on my Asus X200 laptop and want to rollback to Win 8.1.

However, when I go into Settings/Update and Security/Recovery the only 2 options I have are 'Reset this PC' and 'Advanced setup'. The 'Go Back to Windows 8.1' option is not there.

Is the only option a reinstall of 8.1 from the USB backup I made?

Is this a known issue?

TIA

:)

FloridaPhil, Aug 4, 2015
  2. BBL93 Win User

Windows Vista rollback option no longer available after less than a week?

I installed Windows 10 about a week ago, but there's no longer the rollback option listed in recovery like a couple days ago when I checked? The windows old folder is still present in the files, but as I said earlier the rollback option was removed without
    my consent.

Even though I meet the Windows 10 system requirements, I kept experiencing crashes with it so it took multiple days of research and troubleshooting to come to the conclusion that windows 10 and my computer from 2009 aren't compatible.

BBL93, Aug 4, 2015
  3. randybyrd Win User
    No rollback option in windows 10 (Solved)

it says I'm running windows 10 pro and the prodect key you entered cannot be used to activate this edition

Error Code 0xc004f210 I'm using version 1511

randybyrd, Aug 4, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

No rollback option.

If you click on the Advanced options isn't there another option to prior version ? Also since your original system is preinstall OS I believe that option will also work but that option will bring your system back to factory setting, the same way it was when you first bought it

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  5. No, I can restore from USB, but no rollback. I guess I'll just do the 8.1 reinstall and wait for MSFT to tell me I can upgrade rather than installing the ISO

FloridaPhil, Aug 4, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Not usb ... If you left click the start and select Settings follow by the Update & Security windows, then click Recovery which you will see Advanced, click that and afterwards wait until it does its things. Then do the following click troubleshoot follow by advanced option again, then afterwards you will have other options to perform

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No rollback option.

1. No rollback option. - Similar Threads - rollback option

2. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update: Hello!I've been fightin with my PC for the past 3 or so hours trying to get it to start after it updated from 21H# to without my permission 22H2I have tried ALL of the following:"Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 10" - Did exactly what you'd expect: Didn't...
  3. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update: Hello!I've been fightin with my PC for the past 3 or so hours trying to get it to start after it updated from 21H# to without my permission 22H2I have tried ALL of the following:"Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 10" - Did exactly what you'd expect: Didn't...
  4. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 created another user after 20H2 update , can't find the rollback option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 created another user after 20H2 update , can't find the rollback option: After a while , I guess it's about 1 year it's been issued , I finally decided to update my Win10 desktop to 20H2 and after that everything went wrong. Starting from corrupted start menu and ending with most annoying creating of account which looks like mine but year ago ,...
  6. Windows 10 created another user after 20H2 update , can't find the rollback option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 created another user after 20H2 update , can't find the rollback option: After a while , I guess it's about 1 year it's been issued , I finally decided to update my Win10 desktop to 20H2 and after that everything went wrong. Starting from corrupted start menu and ending with most annoying creating of account which looks like mine but year ago ,...
  7. Windows 10 created another user after 20H2 update , can't find the rollback option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. No Rollback driver option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Rollback driver option: Hi, My Camera keeps switching on and off, so I tried to update my driver and follow the instructions in the guide, but the rollback driver option is not highli[ATTACH]ghted. Am attaching a Screenshot, can you please help me ASAP as I have interviews going on....
  9. Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{63e6b33f-5032-4727-a6d6-621355283a37} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{0214cb61-0fb7-45f6-b325-b8355c17cfdc} Class Guid: {C166523C-FE0C-4A94-A586-F1A80CFBBF3E}...
  10. Windows 10 start up problem - Windows rollback option

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start up problem - Windows rollback option: Sorry about the title - not sure what to call it. Hi. My daughter's computer has recently had a Win10 update and now is unable to boot to Windows. It starts by asking which keyboard layout it is and then runs up a blue screen which looks similar to the 'safe start' screen,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no update rollback option