Windows 10: No Room on Local Disk problem.

Discus and support No Room on Local Disk problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just tried to move files off my crowded C: drive - down to 500MB space only from 1T - to my I: drive with 63G free from 2T. But I got an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Dec 31, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

No Room on Local Disk problem.

I just tried to move files off my crowded C: drive - down to 500MB space only from 1T - to my I: drive with 63G free from 2T.

But I got an error message: not enough room on Local Disk. Free: 356 MB. Size: 930G.

I didn't understand that.

So I tried moving one file at a time and they moved - well,copied, because different drives.

So then I tried to delete the original because making room is what I was trying to do and I got a message:

'deleting an online only folder permanently removes it from your pc.... ' etc...

Which I suppose means these files have been stored on the cloud with this mysterious and life-of-its-own 'one drive' or something. would that be right?

Their english doesn't make sense to me: it's online only yet I delete it and it moves if off my machine? just where is it? on my machine or online?

Can anyone explain this strange behaviour to me and what can I do so's I know what's on my machine and what isn't?

:)

abrogard, Dec 31, 2020

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue No Room on Local Disk problem. :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Airider Win User

why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

No Room on Local Disk problem. [​IMG]

in this context >

No Room on Local Disk problem. [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. No Room on Local Disk problem. - Similar Threads - Room Local Disk

2. Sales room listing problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sales room listing problem.: Hello I have a problem with the sales room listing.the listing shows me the cars of an old backup. how to remove them from the listing? thank you for taking the time to read my question....
  3. Sales room listing problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sales room listing problem.: Hello I have a problem with the sales room listing.the listing shows me the cars of an old backup. how to remove them from the listing? thank you for taking the time to read my question....
  4. Problem with my Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with my Local Disk C: So I used to have 94gb or smthin space in local disk c and 400gb smthin each in local disk D and E. However I had uninstalled windows and got ubuntu on my pc and all these disk spaces were combined in it and i had 900gb or smthin in it.After that I again reinstalled Windows...
  5. Problem with my Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with my Local Disk C: So I used to have 94gb or smthin space in local disk c and 400gb smthin each in local disk D and E. However I had uninstalled windows and got ubuntu on my pc and all these disk spaces were combined in it and i had 900gb or smthin in it.After that I again reinstalled Windows...
  6. Problem with my Local Disk C

7. Local Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Disk: J'ai plus accès à mon local disk et mon windows10[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk/2b967aa6-dc03-43a4-bc7f-f843213645a6
  8. Problem with local disk C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with local disk C:: Hi guys,I have problem with local disk C:.I wanna defragment him but I did something wrong.Now when I wanna open local disk C: I cant.There is error "acces is deined.I cant run nothing and download.I cant restart computer idk why.I can click 1000 times but there is nothing.If...
  9. Local Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk: Hey there, sorry for wasting your time. But I left my computer overnight and when I came back I had my Local Disk full. I remember having around 98-100 space left last night. Any reason why that happened? Do I have a virus on my computer? Anyone having the same issue?...
  10. problem with Facebook Game room

problem with Facebook Game room: Hi all, I have a problem with Facebook Game room. It was workingfine till a couple of days ago when it wanted me to install flash player. Well,win 10 has flash player installed and I checked, it is enabled. So I uninstalledgame room and tried to reinstall it. It will not let...