Windows 10: No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer

Discus and support No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow I have lost my desktop icon and save to desktop option. I need to get is back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillyRayBrown, Feb 26, 2020.

1. No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer

Somehow I have lost my desktop icon and save to desktop option. I need to get is back.

:)

BillyRayBrown, Feb 26, 2020

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 26, 2020
  4. No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer

Desktop Shortcut/Option Missing in Window 10

The "Save to desktop" in the save as dialog box disappeared sometime today. I can no longer find a desktop option anywhere for anything.

I've looked into quite a number of threads regarding similar situations. The most prevalent has been the same situation in Win7 with a fix of using "Restore Favorites". I haven't found that option in Win10, nor have I been able to find my exact situation
    listed anywhere with a fix available on my system.

Coming from My Computer or This PC...none show a desktop option or shortcut/icon for proceeding to the desktop. The desktop and its icons are still there. It isn't an issue of being in tablet mode. Only the desktop option/icon itself has disappeared leaving
    me unable to access it from a dialog box or save anything to the desktop.

muscledaddybear, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer

1. No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer - Similar Threads - save desktop option

2. daylight savings not set, option not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daylight savings not set, option not available: My Win11 laptop hasn't updated to daylight savings time. When I go into settings for Date & time...The option to automatically adjust for daylight savings time is entirely missing.The time zone appears to be set correctly to UTC-08:00 Pacific Time US & CanadaIt will not allow...
  3. Line-in audio option no longer available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line-in audio option no longer available: This one has been popping up on the forums for some time. In my case I was using a 'dongle' with software and drivers to record an ancient VHS tape. Eventually I got a decent video recording but all efforts to record the sound failed. This was because there was no 'Line in'...
  4. Line-in audio option no longer available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line-in audio option no longer available: This one has been popping up on the forums for some time. In my case I was using a 'dongle' with software and drivers to record an ancient VHS tape. Eventually I got a decent video recording but all efforts to record the sound failed. This was because there was no 'Line in'...
  5. Line-in audio option no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No default save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No default save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer: This was responded to in Feb of 2020 and I tried to follow the fix instructions but no luck trying to "paste" a command into the registry. Also, a few days ago I had help Case #: 1025387468 and thought the problem was fixed, but it was not. All this came about after I had to...
  7. Windows 10 no longer asks to save passwords; can't find setting to turn option back oni.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 no longer asks to save passwords; can't find setting to turn option back oni.: I believe someone in family checked the "Never" option when asked to whether Edge should offer a suggested password. I can't turn the "Offer to save passwords" option back on - can find no place in Edge settings where that option occurs. Is that a registry type of setting?...
  8. Saving Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Desktop Icons: Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK. I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file, enter something, close the window, but don't click Save, leave that window open, then Log off, Windows will prompt you to save...
  9. YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop: I hope I'm in right forum. Apologies if not. and this post can be moved to a proper spot if need be. Recently I have managed to change the Windows 10 user profile folder. The name now matches the user name. And everything seems to be working fine. I used AVG TuneUp to get rid...
  10. saving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    saving desktop icons: Sorry if this has been asked before I missed it. My number one gripe with with windows 10 is my icons get messed up. Is there a way to save desktop icon positions, or a program that will do this. 57961