Windows 10: no scanner dected error

Discus and support no scanner dected error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i just a brand new epson wf -7840 and i can get the printer to load but cannot use the scanner or fax from windows fax and scan no matter what i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NoleGlass, Feb 27, 2021.

1. NoleGlass Win User

no scanner dected error

i just a brand new epson wf -7840 and i can get the printer to load but cannot use the scanner or fax from windows fax and scan no matter what i have done

:)

NoleGlass, Feb 27, 2021

2. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: Set the PC to start scanning when scanning using Cannon scanner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message?
    • Which application are you using to scan the document?
    • What is the make and model of the scanner?
    • Were you able to use the scanner earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Install and use a scanner in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the detailed information to help you with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 27, 2021
  4. no scanner dected error

No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

no scanner dected error

1. no scanner dected error - Similar Threads - scanner dected error

2. WF-3640 Scanner Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WF-3640 Scanner Error: I am unable to get the scanner to connect and communicate with my PC after I updated to Windows 11. I am using Epson WF-3640. Please help! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wf-3640-scanner-error/e020db4e-0bb8-4d24-92a5-8ec5dc827a37
  3. WF-3640 Scanner Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WF-3640 Scanner Error: I am unable to get the scanner to connect and communicate with my PC after I updated to Windows 11. I am using Epson WF-3640. Please help! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wf-3640-scanner-error/e020db4e-0bb8-4d24-92a5-8ec5dc827a37
  4. Headphone not working even though it is dected by windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone not working even though it is dected by windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 64-bit and 1 year old Asus gaming Laptop model GL704GV My 3.5 mm audio Jack headphone suddenly stopped making sound yesterday even though windows 10 still detect it. I tried many other headphones and same problem. WIndows detect that there is...
  5. Fingerprint scanner error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner error: I need a solution to this error: "Windows couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible to Windows Hello Fingerprint" I have tried so many fixes but nothing worked. I need a fingerprint driver compatible to Windows 10/ Unit Lenovo Yoga 520-14ikb. Thank you. I hope...
  6. hp finger print reader not dected

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp finger print reader not dected: hp finger print reader not dected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-finger-print-reader-not-dected/214317d9-e011-4487-ade7-f2d015143fe7
  7. Computer not decting my tv

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer not decting my tv: I'm using Windows 10 and up til today, My computer has detected my tv. Now all of a sudden, it can't detect my tv. I have tried everything and still nothing works. please help!!...
  8. Printer / Scanner Error

Printer / Scanner Error: I am running Windows 10 and all of a sudden I am getting the following error when I try to print or scan anything. Error = 0x800706ba I shut down my computer and waited awhile and then my system came up clean but I am still getting the error. I googled the error number...
  9. Scanner

Scanner: I cannot scan a document after the Word 10 introduction. My printer scanner is HPEnvy 4500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanner/ac275f0f-6b89-41c3-ab51-7a4f7ee81d82
  10. Laptop not decting ram

Laptop not decting ram: I have an asus a555lf with x555lf mother board. it [img] came with 4 gb ram, and a free slot. i bought another stick of 4 gb ram and installed it. but it doesnot get detected. i have tried updating the bios but it doesnt work. please help. 65636