Windows 10: "no scanners were detected"

Discus and support "no scanners were detected" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the latest (10/18) windows 10 update I get a no scanners detected message when trying to scan docs. Printer works fine to print, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by baffledguy, Oct 16, 2018.

1. "no scanners were detected"

After installing the latest (10/18) windows 10 update I get a no scanners detected message when trying to scan docs. Printer works fine to print, but I can't get computer to recognize it as a scanner. Scanning worked before update, but not now. I guess I will be told to re-install printer driver. But it baffles me that printer works in print mode but is not even detected when trying to scan.

:)

baffledguy, Oct 16, 2018

2. No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, Oct 16, 2018
  3. No scanners were detected

Hi Louis,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 16, 2018
  4. "no scanners were detected"

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

"no scanners were detected"

1. "no scanners were detected" - Similar Threads - scanners were detected

2. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop detects scanner but not printer: I have an old Canon MP250 multifunction printer/scanner. I haven't used it in ages.... I wanted to scan something so I plugged it in and connected it up to my laptop running Windows 10 via USB, and had no issues - I used Windows Fax/Scan to scan a document. But when I wanted...
  3. No device drivers were detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No device drivers were detected: Hi, i recently got a new laptop Asus zenbook 13 and i wanted to install windows on in but when i started the install an error came saying the was no device drivers detected, i read online that i should try it in a USB 2.0 port but my laptop has got only 3.0 ports. What should...
  4. Canon scanner not detected

Canon scanner not detected: I have downloaded Canon IJ utilities driver for my Canon MG2950 scanner/printer from the Canon website. It failed to download by usb cable- many times ... but when by wifi it was successful. All items of the IJ utilities download are visible on my computer but although the...
  5. No scanners were detected error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No scanners were detected error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users have reported that when they were trying to scan files or documents with the Windows Fax and Scan applet on their Windows 10 device, they received the error message No scanners were detected. This post offers the most suitable solutions you can try to...
  6. Scanner detection by computer

Scanner detection by computer: My scanner cannot be found by the computer, but the computer is hooked up to a network as the printer works. Are there separate configurations or setups for printers and scanners from the same device?...
  7. You Need a WIA driver to use this device. No scanners were detected. Epson Scan cannot be...

You Need a WIA driver to use this device. No scanners were detected. Epson Scan cannot be...: I have an Epson Perfection 4490 Photo scanner. I had it set up on my Windows 10 desktop for the longest time then mothballed it. Dug it out to use it with a laptop and it wouldn't work. Went through all the driver reinstall etc. Figured maybe it was too old for my...
  8. Hardware problems were detected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware problems were detected.: I just brought a new pc, the first day I have problems with it. The pc restarts and freezes by itself, so I decided to use the memory diagnostics tool. The problem was detected and it say that there was a hardware problem detected, and that I need to contact the computer...
  9. USB Scanner not detected.

USB Scanner not detected.: Dell tower with Windows 10 does not recognize the USB connected Epson ES-500W scanner. An iMac when USB connected recognizes it instantly. ???? Almost two days of downloading apps and drivers and multiple re-installs, disabling USB power shutdown, etc. were not help....
  10. I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected."

I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected.": I recently did a clean reset on my pc and I added my Canon MG7770 printer. Tested and everything worked fine. The following day I needed to scan something so I put the document in and press the "New Scan" in the "Windows Fax and Scan" application. Now for some stupid reason...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows no scanners were detected

2. no scanners were detected windows 10

3. windows 10 no scanners were detected

4. Trying to scan a new document message reads no scanners detected ?,
  5. no scanners were detected . if a scanner is installed make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer,
  6. no scanner were detected services,
  7. windows fax and scan error message no scanner were deteched,
  8. no scanners were detected windows 10 brother printer,
  9. Epson xp-430 No scanner were detected