Windows 10: No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903

Discus and support No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have noticed that the screen no longer fades to black when switching off after upgrading to 1903. There used to be a short fade effect when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aenfa, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Aenfa Win User

No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903

I have noticed that the screen no longer fades to black when switching off after upgrading to 1903. There used to be a short fade effect when the screen turned off such as when putting the computer on sleep. The screen now just instantly goes off. I thought it was something to do with my laptop at first but it's the same thing on 3 different makes of laptop. They all used to fade to black but that now this no longer happens. Why has this effect been removed? Is it possible at all to bring the effect back?

:)

Aenfa, Sep 10, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Add Fade Audio Effects In Video Clips.

Hi Gustav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are using Microsoft Photos application to fade the audio, then there is no feature in Photos application to fade the audio; however, you can fade the audio by using Microsoft PowerPoint Application. Follow the below steps to fade the audio that you
    want using Microsoft Photos application.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and search for
    Microsoft PowerPoint and hit Enter to launch
    PowerPoint
    application.

Step 2: Then, click on Insert > Audio > You can add the audio file as well as directly record an audio file.

Step 3: Click on the Audio and click on
    Playback
    tab beside to Format tab.

Step 4: Then, you will see the Fade In and
    Fade Out
    options.

Fade In: Adds a timed fade effect at the beginning of the audio clip. Within the Fade In box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade in.

Fade Out: Adds a timed fade effect at the end of the audio clip. Within the Fade Out box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade out.

The option for fading the audio in Photos Application is a great idea, so I suggest you to post your feedback for the same in

Feedback Hub

Hope it helps.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 10, 2019
  4. No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903

1. No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903 - Similar Threads - screen fade black

2. Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.: I have a refurbished Dell Latitude 7390. It works great, until recently it began to freeze, and the screen would begin to fade to black. I have tried cleaning it. I have run multiple system scans and diagnostics and even scanned for malware but that still hasn't fixed it. I'm...
  3. Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.: I have a refurbished Dell Latitude 7390. It works great, until recently it began to freeze, and the screen would begin to fade to black. I have tried cleaning it. I have run multiple system scans and diagnostics and even scanned for malware but that still hasn't fixed it. I'm...
  4. My screen keeps fading out and goes black. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen keeps fading out and goes black. Why?: Why does my screen go black after a few minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-fading-out-and-goes-black-why/70c4c020-4f18-4263-938c-ab5a242a580c
  5. black screen after upgrading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after upgrading: hi i had a very old 32 bit system which was running windows 7 and working great,but the idea dawned on me to upgrade to windows 10 for the security updates so i ran the setup like so: i downloaded the media creation tool followed the instructions and pressed on the option...
  6. Upgrade effect?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade effect?: If i upgrade from home to pro of window 10 , it's effect: -On storage and background files working? -unwanted files and directory gets deleted? Or I should install window 10 pro direct? Is there any way that all files and perspective files of uninstall software gets...
  7. Black screen after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after 1903 update: My computer was stuck on 1703 forever but clearing the update folder and restarting the update service seemed to fix it and it updated to 1903. I can get to the logon screen but after logging on all I see is a black screen with my cursor and a blank personalized settings box...
  8. Black screen on startup (1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on startup (1903): This issue has started to happen recently (this week). When I start my computer, the display turned on and off repeatedly. This goes on for a few times. After that, it leaves me with a black screen, the "Black Screen of Death". I was able to Ctrl+Shift+Win+B, but the drivers...
  9. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  10. Add fade audio effects in video clips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add fade audio effects in video clips: I want to underlay video clips with my own music using narration. My problem is in changing the music from one set of pictures to the other. I cannot figure out how to make sound be faded out at the end of a photo set and fade up at the beginning of the other....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when plugged in screen fades dark windows 1903

2. fade to black in photos windows 10

3. add fade effect in win 10 1903

4. windows 10 install fade to black