Windows 10: No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in

Discus and support No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now. I set my screen to turn off after ten minutes but it doesn't shut off. Today I read somewhere that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pinefang, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Pinefang Win User

No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in

I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now. I set my screen to turn off after ten minutes but it doesn't shut off. Today I read somewhere that it could be because I have a USB hub plugged in. Sure enough I unplugged the Hub and my screen shuts down as I have set it up to do. Does anyone have any inside info on why this problem is occurring? I need what is plugged into my hub and it is a real hassle to reboot my machine when I plug the Hub back in. I have also noticed one more thing and that is that programs that run in the back ground for instance Seti @ Home slows way down since the screen stays on. Help!!! And thanks in advance.

:)

Pinefang, Sep 30, 2015
  2. slance310 Win User

Problems Upgrading to W10 from w 8.1 on a tablet

Hi,

The Touch Screen keyboard is not functional when using installation or repair media...

What you need is a wall plug powered USB HUB with at least 4 ports...

Plug a USB Mouse and Keyboard into the HUB, along with a flash drive with your windows installation... then plug hub into your MicroUSB adapter...

Select whatever key is needed to enter boot options when you Power on...

slance310, Sep 30, 2015
  3. USB HUB Stopped working with Creators Update.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes there is an error message when I go to plug in the hub.

It says, "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

If I try to connect my mouse through the hub it doesn't work, but it works if I plug it directly into the computer.

I have tried restarting the computer, but I haven't yet tried the two button shutdown. I'll go ahead and try that along with the other steps in your link and get back to you.

Again, thanks for the help.

Mozzezz1984, Sep 30, 2015
  4. hattrik21 Win User

Well the hub may not be the issue but what you have plugged into it might be. What items do you have plugged into the hub? If you remove them one at a time you should be able to track down the culprit. In my case, my USB joystick keeps my screen from shutting down.

hattrik21, Sep 30, 2015
  5. Pinefang Win User
    You are most likely right I will start removing them one at a time and see who the culprit is. At present I have five items plugged in to the hub plus one more hub. Thanks for the idea.

Pinefang, Sep 30, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
  7. Pinefang Win User
    Nice Hub. Thanks for sharing.

Pinefang, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in - Similar Threads - Screen shutdown USB

2. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  3. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  4. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  5. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  6. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub: I have built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have connected a USB 3.0 hub to the port which is then connected to mouse and keyboard. When I connect the mouse and the keyboard separately it works fine. I have seen the exact same problem be posted in this forum link...
  8. Squeaking sound when i plug my speakers into my usb hub

Squeaking sound when i plug my speakers into my usb hub: Hey, I have recently bought a new 7-port USB hub, it was working perfectly fine with all my devices, except my speakers, when I plugged it in, it made a high-pitch squeaking sound, even when the volume is on mute, it works fine when plugged directly through one of my...
  9. No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in: Hi guys, I recently bought an external usb hub, as my laptop only has 2 ports. What's happening is if I have 2 things plugged into the external ports and one in the computer's, my laptop disconnects from the internet and says I am unable to connect back. As soon as I unplug...
  10. Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?: If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they...