Windows 10: No Screensaver after 10 update

Discus and support No Screensaver after 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I updated from Windows 7 to 10 last night and now I cannot get my Screensaver to work or get my screen to turn off in the power settings. Something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raydee, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Raydee Win User

No Screensaver after 10 update

I updated from Windows 7 to 10 last night and now I cannot get my Screensaver to work or get my screen to turn off in the power settings. Something must be causing the screen to stay awake. Any help would be great.

:)

Raydee, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Art__H Win User

Screensaver not working after updated to Windows 10 Creators Update.

Screensaver is not working after updated to Windows 10 Creators Update. It worked fine before. I have looked at all the other problems with the screen saver not working after a Windows update, but nothing in their solutions worked for me. I am running
    BOINC Screensaver. Screensaver starts and then exits within 1 or 2 seconds.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Art__H, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Screensaver (photos) doesnt stop

After finishing the Windows 10 Creators update to version 1703; I cannot stop the screensaver. Using the mouse or the keyboard does not deactivate screensaver mode. Using Ctrl-Alt-Delete is the only way I can get system out of screensaver mode.

LovellMcKee, Jul 31, 2015
  4. No Screensaver after 10 update

Elness1974, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Raydee Win User
    I have tried all of those with no luck. Even under power management I can't get the monitor to shut off at all.

Raydee, Aug 1, 2015
  6. ATN256 Win User
    Same problem here. Screensaver won't come on and monitor will not go off..

ATN256, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Raydee Win User
    I am going to try to send a ticket to Microsoft and see what happens.

Raydee, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

You have to make all changes to anything in the settings section.

Gary, Aug 1, 2015
  9. Raydee Win User
    Yes all changes were made there with no luck

Raydee, Aug 1, 2015
  10. zerocal Win User
    Just as an FYI..which might be related here. I've been looking at the monitor sleep and screensaver issues, and it seems to be related to users running multiple monitors. I've been having issues since day one, and have been looking since then to fix the issue. I've even disconnected my two other monitors, but still no luck. I really do not want to build my computer over again with just a single monitor, but might have to just to test.

I have looked at other forums/threads as well, and many of the users with multiple monitors are having similar issues. So, hopefully it can be figured out soon, or corrected by Microsoft.

zerocal, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Raydee Win User
    Atn256 are you using multiple monitors? I would like to upgrade my laptop but I am afraid I will have the same issue as my desktop pc.

Raydee, Aug 1, 2015
  12. tdward Win User
    I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 yesterday. No screen saver settings available at all. Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade has no issues.

tdward, Aug 1, 2015
  13. YOU
    You Win User

Have updated r graphics drivers? If click the preview button in the screensaver settings and don't touch the mouse or keyboard after clicking it, will it play briefly then cut off as if somebody moved the mouse or will it even play at all?

14. tdward Win User
    Searching for "Screen Saver" results in nothing. Very strange.
    Found method to get to screen saver.
    Settings | Personalization | Lock Screen. Scroll to bottom. My screen saver is working with lock after 15 minute timeout.

tdward, Aug 1, 2015
  15. Raydee Win User
    You, yes I did update my vid card drivers and yes if I hit preview it does work.

Raydee, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. No Screensaver after 10 update - Similar Threads - Screensaver update

2. Windows 10 screensaver and ability to put display to sleep stopped working several updates back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screensaver and ability to put display to sleep stopped working several updates back: since September, my computer has stopped putting the display to sleep or activating the screen saver. I know it's an update because at some point I was able to roll back to a previous version of Windows which made it work again, but then I couldn't roll back to it ever again,...
  3. Windows 10 screensaver and ability to put display to sleep stopped working several updates back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 screensaver and ability to put display to sleep stopped working several updates back: since September, my computer has stopped putting the display to sleep or activating the screen saver. I know it's an update because at some point I was able to roll back to a previous version of Windows which made it work again, but then I couldn't roll back to it ever again,...
  4. Windows 10 screensaver and ability to put display to sleep stopped working several updates back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screensaver and monitor sleep not working after KB5016616 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver and monitor sleep not working after KB5016616 update: After I did the update a couple of days ago the screensaver stopped working and the monitor doesn't go to sleep anymore. I use my computer for 3D rendering, and the fact that it doesn't put the monitor to sleep means it's burning the monitor basically 24/7 without any need...
  6. Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings: Hello,for more than a year I have repeating problems after Windows Update:My screensaver gets set to none so I need to change this setting regularily to keep my desired screensaver settingsSimilar with my advanced microphone settings I want to have the quality in kHz set to...
  7. Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update 12/14/20 lost my screensaver: My screensaver disappeared with the latest update. Where did you send it and why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-121420-lost-my-screensaver/f9b392d4-2cfe-4b41-a52d-c014cd7d7caf
  8. Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!: My computer just auto-updated to 2020-10 Security for Flash, 2020-10 Cumulative for 2004 and 2020-10 Cumulative for .NET... and I seem to have lost all control of screensaver. I had it set to Blank screen after 240 minutes and it blanks the screen after 5 minutes. Had the...
  9. Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 July 2020 Update Killed Screensaver and Power management settings.: On July 16, my PC automatically update to the Win 10 Version 2004. The screen savers have stopped, an issue since I am running BOINC. The display also quit shutting down after 30 minutes. I recovered to 1903 and the issues went away. Last night the PC did it again. Same...
  10. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004: I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and can see no uninstall of it. Is there a...