Windows 10: No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround?

Discus and support No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I quickly found out the reason why the screensaver never activates on my factory new W10 PC is because I've got a very old and basic joystick plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by neilking84, May 29, 2020.

1. No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround?

I quickly found out the reason why the screensaver never activates on my factory new W10 PC is because I've got a very old and basic joystick plugged into it via a USB port.

I was astonished to discover people have been complaining about this for years with apparently no solution I could find.

The way the USB ports on my PC are configured, it's a real pain to have to unplug the joystick each time. And I like looking at my screensaver photos when the PC has been idle for a few minutes. So:-

1. Is there now a solution or relatively straight forward workround I missed?

2. In Settings>Devices, if you highlight the joystick, there's a box saying "Remove Device". If I click that, does it in effect toggle the joystick on and off such that, if it's off, it will re-enable the screeensaver? And more importantly, such that I could toggle it back on when required and avoid all the hassle of having to physically plug in and unplug the joystick all the time?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Neil

:)

neilking84, May 29, 2020

2. Screensaver, screen timeout and sleep modes not functioning when Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick is connected to PC

same problem here :-(

as long as my USB connected Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick is plugged in => no screensaver

just unplug the Joystick => screensaver is functioning normally

Neither plugging the Joystick to other USB ports nor reinstalling the driver solved the problem so far.

Robert_1977, May 29, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround? :)

terrace, May 29, 2020
  4. Hoggorm Win User

No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround?

My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

Hi,

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my laptop, prevents the screensaver from starting...

Can this be fixed?

Hoggorm, May 29, 2020
Thema:

No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround?

1. No screensaver with joystick plugged in workround? - Similar Threads - screensaver joystick plugged

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 crashing with joystick plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 crashing with joystick plugged in: Hi,I have a problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 downloaded via GamePass crashing on me with my Joystick plugged in.The joystick is Cobra PRO Flight CF2290, nothing of a known make, but it works with War Thunder.I have Cobra's software installed, Windows is fully...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 crashing with joystick plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 crashing with joystick plugged in: Hi,I have a problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 downloaded via GamePass crashing on me with my Joystick plugged in.The joystick is Cobra PRO Flight CF2290, nothing of a known make, but it works with War Thunder.I have Cobra's software installed, Windows is fully...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 crashing with joystick plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Joystick

Joystick: Hi all, I bought a new joystick Thrustmaster T flight stick X in december last year. It worked perfectly well on my last laptop Acer, i7, gtx 760m, win 10. After buying a new laptop last week I plugged a joystick into usb port and it was recognized as - T flight stick X...
  6. I found that the screensaver with controller plugged in is true.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found that the screensaver with controller plugged in is true.: I have the same trouble with the screensaver when I have a third party game controller or adapter plugged in. The screen saver won't work. I unplugged my snes controller adapter and the screensaver started working after restarting the PC. Best thing to do is unplug the...
  7. Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby: I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim. As long as I have the Thrustmaster TWCS game Controllers connected to a USB port either USB2.0 or USB3.2gen1 my screensaver will not initialise and my monitors...
  8. joystick

joystick: How to configure sidewinder joystick to work with this simulator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/joystick/ba043b23-12c7-4574-a8d4-f5ffd47f2dc5
  9. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my computer, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107471
  10. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Support
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my laptop, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107200