Windows 10: No Search Everywhere Box

Discus and support No Search Everywhere Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It is not there when I click on the Start Button, even if I enlarge the resultant display vertically. I see, for example a Most Used list, then a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Not Myself, Jul 28, 2015.

1. No Search Everywhere Box

It is not there when I click on the Start Button, even if I enlarge the resultant display vertically. I see, for example a Most Used list, then a few other entries which end at "All Apps," with no search box below that.

Does anyone have a spare Search Everywhere box to send to me?

:)

Not Myself, Jul 28, 2015
  2. SirSurfer Win User

Search not working

Thanks for the reply but you seem to have missed the point: The ENTIRE Window's search installation is stuffed -- I can't search. Turing the search icon on and off does nothing. There are corrupt files everywhere and the Event Viewer is full of search
    errors. Even when I can type things in the search box, it doesn't search.

SirSurfer, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Marian902 Win User
    Box keeps showing up everywhere

Every time I point to something or even try to scroll, I get this box that says: Open in new tab, Open in new window, Save targets as, Copy link, Ask Cortana and Inspect element. I can't get rid of it and it won't let me go any further with what I want
    to do. Help!

Marian902, Jul 28, 2015
  4. vlad Win User

No Search Everywhere Box

i too have this problem, did you found a solution ?

vlad, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Hit Start and just start typing.

fracking4oil, Aug 3, 2015
  6. elbmek Win User
    click open the search icon and start typing in the bottom box

elbmek, Aug 3, 2015
  7. vlad Win User
    i click on the search icon and nothing happens *Sad

No Search Everywhere Box [​IMG]

vlad, Aug 3, 2015
  8. No Search Everywhere Box

My workaround was to change the settings of the search system accessed through the icon next to the Start button, but shutting off both Cortana and "Search online and include web results." Of course, if the search engine is not working at all, that workaround will not work, either.

However, frackingforoil is correct: I just tried his suggestion, and found that it works. As there was no box there, it did not occur to me to try typing without a place to do so.

Not Myself, Aug 3, 2015
  9. elbmek Win User
    vlad:

It could be you have cortona turned off. I don't, but dont use it.

An easy alternative is to download an 'unused' browser, make google your home page (or another) and use that as your search engine

elbmek, Aug 3, 2015
  10. vlad Win User
    how i do that ?
    even my icon "search" dont work *Sad

11. elbmek Win User
    Click on the search icon, then click on the cog wheel

elbmek, Aug 4, 2015
  12. vlad Win User
    solve my problem

my problem was caused because i has disable the firewall...

i started the firewall, and now search works...

13. elbmek Win User

No Search Everywhere Box

must have been a built in safety measure, good to know, thanks

elbmek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No Search Everywhere Box

1. No Search Everywhere Box - Similar Threads - Search Everywhere Box

2. search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search box: Good afternoon, can you help me please, I have the bing icon in the search box but that's not what I want, I want the image of the day, that icon that I had before the last update, that is, the image that appeared, the highlight of the day . Can you help me get the featured...
  3. search box is not working everywhere

in Cortana
    search box is not working everywhere: I have updated latest version of windows yesterday and my search box is not at all working everywhere. I have troubleshooted it and run some powershell folders but nothing is working till now please help me...
  4. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  5. search box

in Cortana
    search box: How do I recover the search box in the task bar after hiding it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/a9b7e2bc-254a-4315-af46-5228ef3f1e80
  6. Search Boxes

in Cortana
    Search Boxes: Hello, no text appears in any of the windows search boxes including Edge, windows store app, the search box on the taskbar or within any open windows when my documents are open etc Text appears when I type commands when using Win+R. I have searched for fixes and tried all...
  7. search box

in Cortana
    search box: there is no search box on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/039f26cd-e174-4222-a3e3-f4f79c6afc50"
  8. SEARCH BOX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SEARCH BOX: Why is the search box not showing up after logging in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/568d9573-17d0-477c-805d-c1e4837c8104
  9. Searches>Everywhere.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searches>Everywhere.: I have just found this file. It is quite extensive and I don't understand its function. Should I delete it all periodically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searcheseverywhere/fff09f78-8817-4931-aa53-10dd34d2ba43"
  10. Searches Everywhere files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Searches Everywhere files: I recently discovered searches everywhere file over 200K. I need storage to download windows 10 and Office 365. Delete them or harmful? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/searches-everywhere-files/dab8e191-6bbd-4b2a-9765-54dee9159a01