Windows 10: No Security Tab for any file system object

Discus and support No Security Tab for any file system object in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've seen questions about this going back to 2010! I can't believe this is still an issue. I'm running Windows 10 1809 (build 17763.253) and as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JAK_rz, Feb 11, 2019.

1. JAK_rz Win User

No Security Tab for any file system object

I've seen questions about this going back to 2010! I can't believe this is still an issue.

I'm running Windows 10 1809 (build 17763.253) and as the computer administrator I can't see the security tab on any file or folder in the properties dialog. I'm trying to add permissions to the built-in IIS user to a web application folder, but I'm at a loss. I've applied the "fixes" already described on the interwebs (add NoSecurityTab dword to file explorer policies in the registry and set it to 0, and disable "Remove Security Tab" in the group policy editor), rebooting all the time, and still nothing.

Help!

:)

JAK_rz, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Error Applying Security

Hello,

The stop code usually encountered in NTFS (New Technology File System)
    file system when the ownership of the folder is disturbed. The best way to open the folder is to change the security settings. Follow the steps below:

• Right click the Main Folder.
    • Go to Properties.
    • Select Security Tab.
    • Click Advanced and then check the box “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object”, then press
      OK.
    If you need further assistance, let us know.

Dyan Rey, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Administrator security settings keep changing

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

What error message do you get when you try to save and sync files?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open command prompt and type the commands below (Type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin).
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the Command Prompt window.
    Try these steps as well.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 11, 2019
  4. No Security Tab for any file system object

Security tab in folder properties just disappeared

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the issue specific to any particular file or folder?

I suggest you to restore the Folder properties to default and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Windows Key + E and click View.
    • Select Option and choose "Change folder and search options"
    • Go to View tab and Restore defaults.

If you still face the issue, try running a System File Checker (SFC) Scan on the system and check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

No Security Tab for any file system object

1. No Security Tab for any file system object - Similar Threads - Security Tab file

2. Security Tab is missing in some files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Tab is missing in some files.: For certain files the security tab is missing in properties WIndows 10. The problem is only on some files and other are fine. I have tried to adjust the policy definitions - didnt workTried to update the regisrty in powershell admin - didnt workThe problems comes up when I...
  3. Security Tab is missing in some files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Tab is missing in some files.: For certain files the security tab is missing in properties WIndows 10. The problem is only on some files and other are fine. I have tried to adjust the policy definitions - didnt workTried to update the regisrty in powershell admin - didnt workThe problems comes up when I...
  4. Security Tab is missing in some files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...: I am attempting to monitor the status of SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege and SeEnableDelegationPrivilege to determine if they have been updated/changed. When doing so, this configuration file doesn't seem to update. Are there any other locations where a variable would affect "Force...
  6. Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...: I am attempting to monitor the status of SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege and SeEnableDelegationPrivilege to determine if they have been updated/changed. When doing so, this configuration file doesn't seem to update. Are there any other locations where a variable would affect "Force...
  7. Downloaded File Has No Security Tab

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloaded File Has No Security Tab: G'Day, I have a downloaded file that I wish to rename. When I try to, it reverts back to its original name. I see that in the files properties, that it has had its security tab removed. Can I add the security tab to it? If I can, will that allow me to take ownership of the...
  8. Downloaded File Has No Security Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloaded File Has No Security Tab: G'Day, I have a downloaded file that I wish to rename. When I try to, it reverts back to its original name. I see that in the files properties, that it has had its security tab removed. Can I add the security tab to it? If I can, will that allow me to take ownership of the...
  9. Security tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security tab: Should USB flash drive with fat 32 file have a security tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-tab/e07f1467-3780-4caa-803a-5b7f9cdfffc0"
  10. 3 objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3 objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...