Windows 10: No "set as default" option in Display Languages

Discus and support No "set as default" option in Display Languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] There is only english in preferred languages place. but There isnt any other language in Display Language part. well I see that my license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows Category - All, Mar 31, 2021.

1. No "set as default" option in Display Languages

No "set as default" option in Display Languages fd92fb47-2478-40fd-a942-15dd6d9ea2fa?upload=true.png

There is only english in preferred languages place. but There isnt any other language in Display Language part. well I see that my license can only support 1 display language.. I thought its only means my other windows accounts in laptop cant use different display language.

There isnt any option called "Language" in Control Panel

:)

Windows Category - All, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2021
  3. twdal Win User
    How do you change Word 2016's Display language?

(Note that I am referring to the Display language, not the keyboard language.)

I have configured the default language in a Windows 10 Pro user profile to Spanish (Mexico). It's working fine. All Start menu text is in Spanish and even Chrome displays everything in Spanish.

But when I run Word 2016 all of its menus are in English. In Word Options > Language the editing language is set to default to Spanish (Mexico). Under "Choose Display and Help Languages" the default is "Match Microsoft Windows," which suggests to me that all Word menus should be in Spanish, just like Chrome and Windows are doing. A second, greyed out choice is English.

The very last sentence on this Options page is says, "View display languages installed for each Microsoft Office program. Click on it and a table appears. Word and Outlook are listed. Under the "Office Display Language" is English for both. Nothing appears in the "Other Display Languages". I see no option to add another display language.

Earlier versions of Office had downloadable Language packs but I can't find one for Office 2016, not even in the volume license downloads.

I've tried this on two W10Pro Ofc2016 computers and get the same results in both. What step or trick am I missing?

twdal, Mar 31, 2021
  4. No "set as default" option in Display Languages

set english language as default display language

Hi Gleb,

The Russian language might be the default language reason for the "Set as default" button to be grayed out. However, before we conclude that you need to buy a new language package, we suggest that you check this
    article to learn how to change the display language on your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

No "set as default" option in Display Languages

1. No "set as default" option in Display Languages - Similar Threads - set default option

2. Option Display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option Display language: Comment obtenir l'option Language Display dans la fenêtre Clock Language and Region ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/option-display-language/eb5753e2-d616-4134-a165-f4da3fec22af
  3. Option Display language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option Display language: Comment obtenir l'option Language Display dans la fenêtre Clock Language and Region ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/option-display-language/eb5753e2-d616-4134-a165-f4da3fec22af
  4. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!: I just purchased a new PC. It arrived with the Italian keyboard, as expected, but also with Italian version of Windows 10 Pro. On my PCs I use Italian keyboard and Italian locale, but ALWAYS English language for operating system and applications.Setting English as the default...
  5. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!: I just purchased a new PC. It arrived with the Italian keyboard, as expected, but also with Italian version of Windows 10 Pro. On my PCs I use Italian keyboard and Italian locale, but ALWAYS English language for operating system and applications.Setting English as the default...
  6. How to set default options with OneDrive. Specifically set file display as List default...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set default options with OneDrive. Specifically set file display as List default...: I am using Edge as my browser and all available Win 10 updates have been applied. I can set my preferred option to display OneDrive files as a List but how do I set this as the default option so that I do not have to change it every time I go to OneDrive. I do not...
  7. No option to set display language once language pack is installed?

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to set display language once language pack is installed?: Hey guys We had devices that were imaged using the US version of the ISO. I have since installed the GB-en language pack from the VL site for 1809, however once installed, it does not give me the option to set the display language to GB English? Even after a reboot? [img]...
  8. change display language: "set as default" button is not available

change display language: "set as default" button is not available: Hello, Whey I navigate to my language settings, I can add languages but the button "set as default" is not visible. The system was installed in dutch, but I would like an english interface. I have already the language "English (United States" installed. The user account...
  9. change display language: "set as default" button is not available

change display language: "set as default" button is not available: Hello, Whey I navigate to my language settings, I can add languages but the button "set as default" is not visible. The system was installed in dutch, but I would like an english interface. I have already the language "English (United States" installed. The user account...
  10. Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?: I usually logon to my email account using my Outlook.com and is there a way to reset the Display options under the Mail settings? In the Outlook email client, this can be done by selecting Reset View. But I cannot find it in the actual Outlook.com web version. 106110