Windows 10: No setting will stop requiring a password on reviving from Sleep or Hibernation. I have...

Discus and support No setting will stop requiring a password on reviving from Sleep or Hibernation. I have... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a PC with a new fresh Windows 10 after years of using it, 10 was acting wonky. Generally it was a good new clean Windows. It's got all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack Poore, Feb 13, 2019.

1. No setting will stop requiring a password on reviving from Sleep or Hibernation. I have...

I have a PC with a new fresh Windows 10 after years of using it, 10 was acting wonky. Generally it was a good new clean Windows. It's got all the updates and maybe that's the issue.

Seems everywhere I check for solutions on Google and Forums many settings, suggestions for places to look have changed, or options have changed.

I've used Group Policy Editor, it's missing the last step for power management. I've used require password NEVER NEVER NEVER everywhere I can. I've went to Personalization, and Lock Screen and followed about every help I can read.

Still, nothing has stopped requiring my password on coming out of sleep or hibernation?

Any solutions? I live alone. Nobody but me can be available to use my pc, unless I haven't met them yet, but me. And me only. I do not need passwords!

Thanks so much if you may hold a solution. jack ":-\\

:)

Jack Poore, Feb 13, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Stop the request for a password after hibernation or sleep

After the last update I am once again asked to enter a password when the computer comes out of hibernation or sleep. How do I stop it asking for a password?

RoyBrocklebank_427, Feb 13, 2019
  4. No setting will stop requiring a password on reviving from Sleep or Hibernation. I have...

windows 10 not locking and requiring password on wake up

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R, try powercfg.cpl and press Enter.

• Click on current power plan settings and click on Change plan settings.

• Click on Change advance power settings and click on Sleep to expand.
    • Click on hibernate, settings and set the time for hibernate.
    You can also click on current power plan on top of the list to expand.

Click on required password on wake up and set it to yes.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

No setting will stop requiring a password on reviving from Sleep or Hibernation. I have...

1. No setting will stop requiring a password on reviving from Sleep or Hibernation. I have... - Similar Threads - setting stop requiring

2. Do you have to set Sleep in order to Hibernate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you have to set Sleep in order to Hibernate?: I tried setting Sleep to never, then set Hibernate to on. It didn't hibernate as scheduled PC/desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-have-to-set-sleep-in-order-to-hibernate/1421dbba-de03-4af5-a731-fde51c5f0e90
  3. Do you have to set Sleep in order to Hibernate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you have to set Sleep in order to Hibernate?: I tried setting Sleep to never, then set Hibernate to on. It didn't hibernate as scheduled PC/desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-have-to-set-sleep-in-order-to-hibernate/1421dbba-de03-4af5-a731-fde51c5f0e90
  4. Stop Windows from requiring a password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Windows from requiring a password?: I have the sign-in required option set to never, but I believe my PC automatically updated, a feature which I totally despise, but which Windows seems to believe is necessary, and I was prompted for a password to get back in. How can I be sure I will never be prompted for a...
  5. password requirements on both hibernation and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    password requirements on both hibernation and sleep: Hi all. I'm having sign-in issues. What I want is to be able to require password upon waking from hibernation, but not sleep. Is this a possibility? Thanks for any consideration and replies....
  6. No ability to require a password when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    No ability to require a password when waking from sleep: I'm hoping someone else has found a resolution to a persistent problem. I have no option available anywhere to require/not require a password when waking from sleep. I have a Windows 10 Home, 64 bit computer (in fact several of them) that is kept up to date with every Windows...
  7. Require password after sleep.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  8. Password Required after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...
  9. Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?: I recently did a fresh install of Win 10 Creative Update. I have Hibernate on my pc set to Never. My computer is set to Sleep after 20 minutes which works fine. After it goes to sleep a minute later I can hit a key and it will return from sleep. The problem is after a long...
  10. Set hibernation as "default" sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Set hibernation as "default" sleep: Hello, Is there a way to configure windows so every time a sleep is triggered indirectly (i.e. by a 3rd-party SW) than windows will automaticaly hibernate instead of entering a "regular" sleep ? 85437