Windows 10: No settings for my touchpad on my laptop

Discus and support No settings for my touchpad on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I want to disable palmcheck for my touchpad on my HP notebook but can't find any settings. I have latest drivers etc. This is what my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tobias Lenander, Nov 9, 2018.

1. No settings for my touchpad on my laptop

Hello,

I want to disable palmcheck for my touchpad on my HP notebook but can't find any settings. I have latest drivers etc.

This is what my mouse properties look like, there is no settings button.

No settings for my touchpad on my laptop 8070d37b-ba46-4f9f-8ff1-82973d58443e?upload=true.png

Thanks for help!

/Tobias Lenander

:)

Tobias Lenander, Nov 9, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

No settings for my touchpad on my laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 9, 2018
  4. No settings for my touchpad on my laptop

TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

No settings for my touchpad on my laptop

1. No settings for my touchpad on my laptop - Similar Threads - settings touchpad laptop

2. My touchpad is not working and touchpad settings is not being shown in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad is not working and touchpad settings is not being shown in settings.: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-is-not-working-and-touchpad-settings/4954b0e6-37b7-4c6c-858b-de22e9bfd044
  3. My touchpad is not working and touchpad settings is not being shown in settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad is not working and touchpad settings is not being shown in settings.: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-is-not-working-and-touchpad-settings/4954b0e6-37b7-4c6c-858b-de22e9bfd044
  4. TouchPad error on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TouchPad error on my laptop: Hello Microsoft Devs, and all other who is gonna support me for my error.My laptop HP 15 Pavillion Notebook PCWindows 10 v21H1, has Synaptics TouchPad.My laptop's touchpad suddenly stopped and somehow I understood that I have issue with the touchpad is its unable to start...
  5. TouchPad error on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TouchPad error on my laptop: Hello Microsoft Devs, and all other who is gonna support me for my error.My laptop HP 15 Pavillion Notebook PCWindows 10 v21H1, has Synaptics TouchPad.My laptop's touchpad suddenly stopped and somehow I understood that I have issue with the touchpad is its unable to start...
  6. TouchPad error on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TouchPad error on my laptop: Hello Microsoft Devs, and all other who is gonna support me for my error.My laptop HP 15 Pavillion Notebook PC, has Synaptics TouchPad.My laptop's touchpad suddenly stopped and somehow I understood that I have issue with the touchpad is its unable to start i8042prt and saw...
  7. My Laptop's Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop's Touchpad: Hello, can anyone help me because i have an issue with my laptop's in-built touchpad, The brand is Toshiba, updated from windows 7 to 10. It suddenly stopped working after it went into timeout. i have also tried the Fn+F5, F6, F12 and so....
  8. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop: Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?...
  9. Change settings on Laptop touchpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change settings on Laptop touchpad?: I want to make it more difficult for my screen to change to another screen, or get rid of hovering, so I need to change touchpad or keyboard sensitivity. Now I can't find the place to do that on my Windows-based laptop. Any ideas?...
  10. Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking

Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking: Hello Everyone, I just activated windows today and I was able to enable my elan touchpad in the mouse settings. After enabling it I noticed that my touchpad will only respond if I click in one area only. I do not know whats wrong with my touch pad. I can move my mouse but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I dont have touchpad settings on my acer aspire5

2. i dont have a touchpad tab in my mouse settings

3. my touchpad hasnt got options

4. my laptop no setting for touchpad,
  5. I havent touchpad driver in my laptop setting ,
  6. laptop i have a touchpad but no touchpad options,
  7. i have no software for touchpad on my laptop,
  8. i have no touchpad in my settings in windows,
  9. why no touch pad setting in my lap,
  10. no touchpad setting in IBM T60 Laptop,
  11. no touchpad options on my laptop,