Windows 10: No short beep during POST

Discus and support No short beep during POST in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since a couple of days I do not hear anymore the buzzer beep during the POST After booting the PC is working normally, although some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iloinen, Jan 16, 2021.

1. iloinen Win User

No short beep during POST

Since a couple of days I do not hear anymore the buzzer beep during the POST

After booting the PC is working normally,

although some of the applications in the Start Menu right click on the Start button does also not work anymore,

like Device Manager, Disk Manager, PC Manager and Logbook.

With a motherboard app I have checked the psu voltages, temperatures of CPU and HDD's as well as the fans. They are OK.

The issue is probably caused during or after some mains voltage interruptions when the PC was running.

I think the short beep is an essential part of the POST.

Do I have to worry?

:)

iloinen, Jan 16, 2021
  2. mc-dexter Win User

1 long beep, 3 short beeps. No signal.

It's a RAM issue, not graphic related.

I thought you would of noticed that when i backed up your thought about it (notice the highlighted parts above in the quote).

Try the following steps i mentioned before aswel - With the sounds of it your half way there and you know what your doing, So basically once you get into Bios for the first time after Bios reset change the voltage, I don't suggest 1.8v like you said though, It should be fine at 2.0.

mc-dexter, Jan 16, 2021
  3. POST beep

OK, once again....

Bloody POST beep comes trough both audio jack AND onboard speaker; and I would like to disable it through AUDIO JACK (I want it only throuh onboard speaker).

Frogger - there is a option in bios to disable sound card, but it does not disable the beep on it. Unfortunately, I'm not so good with the items listed in "onboard devices", am a bit scared to f.ck somethin up over there. Will come later with the items listed, maybe somebody will know what item i have to disable or change settings on.

THX guys

lifechooser, Jan 16, 2021
  4. No short beep during POST

2 short beeps then 1 long beep on start up

seems alot of people are having beep code issues with ASUS lately.....here is the ASUS list of beeps....Award BIOS Beep Codes - BIOS Central

Video adapter issue!

sneekypeet, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

No short beep during POST

1. No short beep during POST - Similar Threads - short beep during

2. No post, No beep, Fans spin on computer [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    No post, No beep, Fans spin on computer [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will show you what you can do if there is no post, no beep, but fans spin on a computer. According to the reports, when a user turns on his computer, the screen remains black but fans keep spinning. Also, there is no beep sound from the motherboard....
  3. artifacts during post process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    artifacts during post process: Hi I am getting artifacts during post screen. they happen every 1 out of 5 bootsDo I need to rma the motherboard or do you think its the cpu. the only components i have not testedcan anyone tell me more about this? is it CMOS vram or rom corruption or slot damage or faults....
  4. artifacts during post process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    artifacts during post process: Hi I am getting artifacts during post screen. they happen every 1 out of 5 bootsDo I need to rma the motherboard or do you think its the cpu. the only components i have not testedcan anyone tell me more about this? is it CMOS vram or rom corruption or slot damage or faults....
  5. artifacts during post process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No post and beep sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No post and beep sound: So I have a asus motherboard and zotac GeForce graphic card so here is my problem. When I started my pc it's booted all fine and my Home screen came after that there is a beep code like 1 long and 3 short after that I searched for What that means so I find that is no vga...
  7. double short beep sound when pressing buttons

double short beep sound when pressing buttons: sometimes out of my speakers widnows does beep-beep sound. it also sometimes occurs randomly when i just press buttons like space button. than i can press button many times to hear beep sound. its always double beep and nothing special happens on the screen. i have updated...
  8. Laptop was beeping during an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop was beeping during an update: I was wondering if this was concerning. I did a sfc /scannow afterni did another command in command prompt. I reset it and it sayd preparing windows update and it was beeping while updating. The update line was green with a white border around it....
  9. ASUS motherboard and 3 short beeps

ASUS motherboard and 3 short beeps: Anyone knows what does it mean? I read about 1 long + 3 short, but I have continuous 3 short beeps. Thought it's RAM, but tried other memory and nothing changes. Changing the slots does nothing as well. Thought, for a moment, that it's problem with GPU, but tried without it...
  10. 1 Long beep + 3 short beep Asus motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    1 Long beep + 3 short beep Asus motherboard: Hi guys, I have an Asus Z97A Motherboard/GTX 1080/24GB DDR3Gskill/ 500 GB SSD + 1to HDD and recently when i boot my PC i hear 1 long beep then quickly after 3 short beep.. I've searched in Asus website about the meaning of these beep and it's written that it's a Video...