Windows 10: no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10

Discus and support no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I reserved and w10 home downloaded ok. Computer is working fine apart from Some default apps eg mail and Cortana don't work. Sign in options wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by graedad, Aug 18, 2015.

1. graedad Win User

no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10

Hi
    I reserved and w10 home downloaded ok. Computer is working fine apart from
    Some default apps eg mail and Cortana don't work. Sign in options wont function, and credential manager wont start.
    I have manually downloaded some updates from Microsoft as some updated were failing on auto. I have attempted various fixes eg adding fix packages through powershell with no luck.
    I am the administrator and have language set at English USA although live in NZ. I know these problems are out there but have not come across the answers.

:)

graedad, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Erik Vik Win User

No options to sign out, restart or shut down (W10)

Hey!

I have an issue with my laptop running Windows 10.

The windows + L shortcut is not working, and i get no options to shut down, restart or sign out when i click the power button.

I've tried:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow
    • Checked "shutdownwithoutlogon" value

Thanks.

no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10 [​IMG]

Erik Vik, Aug 18, 2015
  3. JJ Sefton Win User
    Unlinking a calendar from Cortana

This fix did not work. I signed out of Cortana on my Android Cortana app and both my Windows 10 PCs and turned them all off. I then booted up my desktop and signed into Cortana with my MSA. The reoccurring calendar events were still there. None of my devices
    still have my the old Gmail account (the source of these reoccurring calendar events) linked to Mail and Calendar, or any other app for that matter.

JJ Sefton, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10

1. no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10 - Similar Threads - sign options cortana

2. Transfer TB ics file to W10 Mail Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer TB ics file to W10 Mail Calendar: My ISP (Rogers) tells me that they do not support Thunderbird. I would not mind changing over to MS Mail except that in TB I have a calendar which saves my emails in ics format. I can find no way to transfer my TB ics file to Mail Calendar. Can anyone please give me a hint...
  3. Cortana Calendar Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Calendar Bug: My Cortana is showing symptoms of dementia :c [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-calendar-bug/5ae63765-1dee-4c66-b19d-88823f2e37c1
  4. Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..

in Browsers and Email
    Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..: We get our e-mail via our ISP. W10 Mail has been set up for this provider and says so if you try to add the ISP to the app. When you open the W10 Mail app., the sign in is grayed out and the app will only allow adding a mail server. Not sure what is wrong, and have no idea...
  5. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  6. Mail and Calendar integration with Cortana not working

in Windows 10 News
    Mail and Calendar integration with Cortana not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Cortana was launched with emphasis on its tight integration with the Windows Mail and Calendar apps. This integration has been one of the highlighting features of this Personal Digital Assistant. But some users have reported that the Mail and Calendar [...]...
  7. Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar: I have been trying to get Cortana to send emails and add events to my calendar. However, whenever I ask it to send an email it searches this on Bing rather than doing anything. With the calendar it does understand and starts creating an event, but then fails to move on after...
  8. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  9. W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves

in Browsers and Email
    W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves: Every time I start these apps, if I shift focus from them, they close on their own.*Huh I've eliminated all the usual suspects (touchpad, antivirus, Keyser Söze, etc.), so I'm turning to you folks for ideas. (System is Acer Aspire SW5-012; OS is Generic 10 Home - Build...
  10. Calendar and Contacts Missing in W10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Support
    Calendar and Contacts Missing in W10 Mail App: I finally got Mail App's email working. It picked up all the mail in my Outlook 2016 pst file.. However, it didn't pick up any of the events or people in the Calendar and Contacts from the same pst file. I thought that was supposed to happen. What do I need to do to import my...