Windows 10: No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

Discus and support No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Raven2099, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Raven2099 Win User

No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

Monitor says "No signal",
    Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"...

Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date
    DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends

:)

Raven2099, Mar 4, 2017
  2. MaDuToo Win User

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I have an HP lab top and an HPx20LED monitor. I have used dual monitors for years. After the upgrade, my second monitor won't work. The second monitor had power, but says no signal. When I check the displays,
    the second monitor is appearing as monitor 2, but when I click "detect" it says the monitor is not detected. I have change the display options to dual and extend, and tried to display just on the 2nd monitor, but nothing works. I have checked the device
    manager, adapter does not say basic. I uninstalled the generic driver and the 2nd monitor drivers at the same time and restarted, the appropriate drivers where reinstalled. I downloaded the 2nd monitor's driver straight from HP just to make sure and that
    didn't work either. I changed the monitor cord to a different one, checked all connections and it still won't work. I don't know what else to try. I need the second monitor for my job. I don't know what else to try, and going back to windows 7 is not an
    option at this point.

MaDuToo, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 stopped detecting 2nd monitor

I've restarted the computer (several times), and it's not showing any signs of detecting the 2nd monitor.

Ever since it stopped working, there's only '1' Display option; clicking 'Detect' in Multiple displays results in the message
    "Didn't detect another display"; the Device Manager only lists one monitor (screenshot below); and it has stopped allowing me to select other projection modes unless I connect to the 2nd monitor wirelessly.

I'm using an HDMI cable for the 2nd monitor, and have tried both HDMI ports on the monitor unsuccessfully. The monitor models are Dell E2414H and LG 24J4840.

No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor [​IMG]

Save

ChayaCooper, Mar 4, 2017
  4. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

You can't get VGA from a DVI-D source. DVI-D is Digital only. DVI to VGA only works if the source is DVI-I (Integrated) Digital and Analog.

alphanumeric, Mar 5, 2017
Thema:

No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

1. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - signal didn't detect

2. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  3. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  4. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  5. Not detecting 2nd monitor

Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  6. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  8. Monitor detected and no signal

Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  9. 2nd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd monitor not detected: Hey guys, I'm having issues with windows 10 and a second monitor. I finally decided to try a dual monitor system for the first time ever and I can't seem to connect the second monitor. I've went to display settings but nothing is detected when I hit the detect button. I've...
  10. 2nd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor not detected: Hi there This problem has probably been asked previously but I can only find older answers whicharen't relevant. I have recently purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop and a Samsung 27" curved monitor. Laptop using Windows10. All working perfectly. A change in job and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no signal didnt detect display

2. Monitor says No signal Display Setting on PC say didnt detect another display\