Windows 10: No Signal Display on my TV / Monitor from a Window 10 Pro Desktop

Discus and support No Signal Display on my TV / Monitor from a Window 10 Pro Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Greg Mackormack I have been plagued with these "No Signal" problems since last year. Let me describe the issues in chronological error. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vicky Amber, Jan 25, 2020.

1. No Signal Display on my TV / Monitor from a Window 10 Pro Desktop

Hello Greg Mackormack

I have been plagued with these "No Signal" problems since last year. Let me describe the issues in chronological error. I was using 1 Desktop i7 with Windows 10 pro as well as a small laptop running a lite version of Window 8. Sometimes I would use the laptop connected to my TV and sometimes I would use my Desktop PC connected to the same TV. The first problem occurred when my laptop could no longer display its content on the TV, giving me a "No Input Signal", so I mothballed the laptop and continued to use the desktop.

A few months later, my desktop PC stopped being displayed on the TV. So, I downloaded the latest Nividia driver for my GT630, but this driver did not work. So I had to write to Nividia to ask them to send me a driver for my card, which they did, and my display began working again.

A few months later, it happened again. I tried connecting different displays, but I still could not get a display as I continued to get the "No Input Signal" message again. So I ditched the TV and replaced it with a brand new and bigger TV. And everything worked well with my desktop PC for awhile, for about a year, although the laptop never could display on this new TV. But then, a few months ago, I started getting the "No Input Signal" message again. Often, after a few minutes, after switching to TV mode for awhile and switching back to the HDMI port, my display would be restored. Sometimes it would not be restored and I would have to turn off my computer and turn it on again. Sometimes turning my computer ON/OFF would work, but sometimes it didn't. So when it didn't work, I would wait until the next day and everything would work again.

However, early last December it happened to me again, and this time I could not get it to work again, no matter how many times the turned my computer off/on. I went away on Christmas holidays and came back 3 weeks later, and I still could display, still getting the "No Input Signal". However, if I connect my desktop PC to another TV set, there is no problem displaying my PC on the other TV. However, the other TV is on the other side of the room and too big and heavy to have it on my desk, so it is not very useful as a monitor. Now, I have checked the software display driver, and it is the same Nividia driver that Nividia sent me and which I installed back in 2018. So the driver has not changed. And I am definitely not rolling back to an earlier driver because I know that the previous driver does not work and I had gone through a lot of trouble to get the driver that Nividia sent me.

Anyway, yesterday I installed new upgraded ethernet cables and I decided to try the display connection to my TV again. Surprisingly it worked. Unfortunately, today it failed me again, 3 times. The first two times I was able to get the display back after switching back to TV mode, then switching back to PC mode during the next commercial break. But the third time, this did not work. I had to turn off my PC and wait a couple of hours then turn it back on, and yes it worked again. But really, I don't know how long this will continue working.

So my question is, given all this history and the fact that I have already changed drivers, changed TV sets as well as cables and always check that the cables are firmly attached. And by the way, I have also tested 3 laptops on this TV and they all still get "No Input Signal". So you can't really blame one graphics card can you, because that is the only thing I have not changed, but they are a bit expensive and may not solve my problem anyway.

So my question is, given that I have tried everything except replace the graphics card on my desktop PC, why in heavens name is this still happening to me? Can you think of anything else? I have read the other posts, and believe me I have already covered every ground, except replace the graphics card or re-install all of my PC software. Can you think of anything else not yet covered? I am also wondering if it is possible for a malware or virus to specifically target this kind of thing? Mind you, I haven't done a full system installation since this problem has reared its ugly head, but it is something I am planning to do once I can afford to buy extra drives to backup everything I have as well as find all of my original install disks and software keys, so I don't lose much needed software. So I am wondering, can there be anything else that can cause this? Oh, and I have already downloaded the latest firmware for my current TV/display.

So I am exasperated and running out of options. I am now looking for solutions that have not yet been covered and which will work. Can you think of any?

:)

Vicky Amber, Jan 25, 2020

2. Tv receiving signal but no display windows 10

a couple days ago my tv stoped displaying my desktop screen. it shows on the tv that the signal was received but there is no display nor does the tv show up on the display settings in settings. I don't know what else to do since it also won't show from the
    onboard video HDMI either.

PC specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Pentium @ 3.50GH

Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel

Motherboard

ASRock H110M-HDS R3.0 (CPUSocket)

Graphics

E19T5W(monitor) (1440x900@60Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (EVGA)

kingchangling, Jan 25, 2020
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 25, 2020
  4. No Signal Display on my TV / Monitor from a Window 10 Pro Desktop

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen.
    No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In.

The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display

When VGA is connected to Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter
    to TV, monitor screen goes black with no source signal showing. VGA No Signal"
    message means my monitor is working okay but is not getting a signal from my
    computer. This is expected since my monitor is DVI connected to computer HDMI port not a VGA port.

Now when the VGA cable is disconnected, the pc monitor
    screen is display. The problem is I can't reset display
    with a black monitor screen with no source signal. IF I click on detect, computer is not detecting the TV. No squre 1 and 2 is shown. I'm able to watch TV with a black pc monitor screen and sound coming from PC.

I think this what happen: Since the computer was coneccted to TV while being reset and installing Windows 10 it was formatted as the primary display. I did to undo this setting

Before resetting my computer and updating Windows 10, I was able to connect computer to TV.
    I was able to go to display settings menu. Click on Detect. which told the computer to look for the TV I was connected to. There
    were two squares, labeled 1 and 2, in the display settings window. Computer detected my TV.
    Display 1-TV, Display 2- monitor. I selected 2/1. I was able to watch everything on the TV with the sound coming from the computer. The only issue I had was no sound from TV. Reason:
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

Control window logo +P shows project: extend, duplicate etc.

The Radeon setting it shows : Display 1 spec(hp 2011, dvi-d(AMD Radeon (tm) r4 graphics))

monitor connection: DVI with HDMI connected to tower

VGA from computer tower to converter, HDMI from converter to TV

TV input: HDMI

How can I reset display options? Do I need to reinstall Windows 10? Will Windows 10 fix the problem?

***Modified title from: TV primary display***

Rooben Kajima, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

No Signal Display on my TV / Monitor from a Window 10 Pro Desktop

1. No Signal Display on my TV / Monitor from a Window 10 Pro Desktop - Similar Threads - Signal Display Monitor

2. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  3. Monitor is displaying no signal message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is displaying no signal message: I have tried different monitors, different cables and I have tried a graphics card, I still get the no signal message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-displaying-no-signal-message/57bb7f49-ae8b-4e10-bc29-93764567bffb
  4. Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  5. Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal

Connecting TV to desktop PC , no signal: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  6. Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor: Hello, My monitor is an old model, Dell s2009w with only VGA port and my laptop is on Windows 10 Home with only Type C as display port no HDMI and VGA. I bought an unbranded adapter that connect type C and VGA. As per subject above, Windows detected an external monitor being...
  7. Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal: Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the graphics card, HDMI end on the side of the TV, and alas, no signal. Windows still detects the TV and interprets that a second...
  8. Desktop oversizing on TV monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop oversizing on TV monitor: I cannot figure out how to adjust the desktop size to display correctly on the big screen Samsung TV that I have plugged to my windows 10 laptop. It is very close, but a smidge too big. Any advice? I have tried all obvious adjustments in settings and control panel....
  9. Display on TV as monitor or miricast

Display on TV as monitor or miricast: Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV. It is a UHD 4K TV. Problem: I have visited multiple site with a search that includes “windows 10” and keep getting...
  10. Hook up monitor and TV from desktop

Hook up monitor and TV from desktop: I can hook up my monitor or my tv individually. I can not get both to work at the same time. I have updated all software. I checked with NVIDIA and they say that this card should do both at the same time. I have windows 10....