Windows 10: No signal from pc after changing refresh rate

Discus and support No signal from pc after changing refresh rate in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello.please can someone help me with my pc. When i turn it on you can see it boot up on the monitor but then the monitor says thre is no signal. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abdulbaqi104, Apr 1, 2020.

1. No signal from pc after changing refresh rate

Hello.please can someone help me with my pc. When i turn it on you can see it boot up on the monitor but then the monitor says thre is no signal. This happend after i changed the refresh rate.

:)

Abdulbaqi104, Apr 1, 2020

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a game.

Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running CS:GO, I've set it to 144 Refresh rate in nvidia Control Panel it keeps changing back to 60 Refresh rate same thing
    in Advanced Display Settings changing it to 144 Refresh rate it does the same. When I reboot my PC the problem fixes but when I launch CS:GO again it happens again.

I tried reinstalling graphics card didn't help. moreover I tried reinstalling CS:GO to another disk or removing the -refresh 144 or changing to -freq 144 from the launch options nothing works. PLEASE HELP!

GPU: GTX 1050 TI

Monitor: Asus VG248QE

michaelyroshevsky3, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

No signal from pc after changing refresh rate

Variable Refresh Rate

Hello William, *Smile

Does your PC meet the requirements below for Variable Refresh Rate?

You won’t see the slider unless your system has all of the following. If any of these are missing, you will not see the toggle and the feature will not be enabled for you.
    • Windows 10 version 1903 or later
    • A G-SYNC or Adaptive-Sync capable monitor
    • A GPU with WDDM 2.6 or above drivers, that supports G-SYNC / Adaptive-Sync and this new OS feature
    *Arrow Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

No signal from pc after changing refresh rate

1. No signal from pc after changing refresh rate - Similar Threads - signal changing refresh

2. Fix to faulty Active Resolution signal and refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix to faulty Active Resolution signal and refresh rate: Hello!Recently I've bought a second monitor for my gaming setup, capable of running 1440p resolution at 170 hertz. The moment I plugged it into my GPU via one of the display ports, I've noticed that it was running at 60 hertz. So, I tried to increase the refresh rate to the...
  3. Fix to faulty Active Resolution signal and refresh rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix to faulty Active Resolution signal and refresh rate: Hello!Recently I've bought a second monitor for my gaming setup, capable of running 1440p resolution at 170 hertz. The moment I plugged it into my GPU via one of the display ports, I've noticed that it was running at 60 hertz. So, I tried to increase the refresh rate to the...
  4. Refresh rate changes automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh rate changes automatically: My refresh rate changes to 60Hz automatically even after setting it as 40Hz when I restart or log in after sleep PC Specification: model: HP Victus, 512 SSD ROM , 8 GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5000H...
  5. Refresh rate changes automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate changes automatically: My refresh rate changes to 60Hz automatically even after setting it as 40Hz when I restart or log in after sleep PC Specification: model: HP Victus, 512 SSD ROM , 8 GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5000H...
  6. Display refresh rate not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display refresh rate not changing: Hello, I am using the latest Windows 10 Home Single Language build for my ASUS TUF FX505DT ver: 20H2, build: 19042.906. My display is capable of upto 1920*1080 @120 Hz, and the default refresh rate options are 48 Hz and 120 Hz. I always switch to the choppy 48 Hz on battery...
  7. Refresh rate

Refresh rate: I always change my refresh rate of monitor to 60hz but everytime i start after shut down or sleep mode it automatically changes to 144hz .Please help. How to permanently change refresh rate to 60hz....
  8. Laptop display refresh rate wont change even after applying new refresh rate

Laptop display refresh rate wont change even after applying new refresh rate: Okay, so I have an Asus Zephyrus G15. The laptop allows you to switch between 144hz and 60hz. However, it appears my machine is stuck at 144hz. If I set my display to 60hz via 'display adapter properties for display 1' it will apply however it will not actually change the...
  9. Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...

Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...: Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running CS:GO, I've set it to 144 Refresh rate in nvidia Control Panel it keeps changing back to 60 Refresh rate same thing in Advanced Display Settings changing it to 144 Refresh rate it does...
  10. Cannot change the refresh rate

Cannot change the refresh rate: Evening, ladies and gents. Can anyone point me on how do I change my refresh rate properly? In my graphics card settings it stands at 60Hz, but the display settings has 59Hz. I go into advanced settings, and change it from 59 to 60, click Apply, click OK, but the refresh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor no signal after changing refresh rate