Windows 10: No signal on 2 monitors

Discus and support No signal on 2 monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to set up a second monitor on my desktop. The hdmi signal wasn’t being recognized so I playing with the settings and was about to Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kelsey Cavazos, Jul 10, 2024.

1. No signal on 2 monitors

I was trying to set up a second monitor on my desktop. The hdmi signal wasn’t being recognized so I playing with the settings and was about to Google it when chrome kept crashing. At that time I restarted the computer. Once I did one the mouse icon would show up on the first monitor but the rest of it was dark. I restarted again and now I am getting an no hdmi signal error on both monitors. I have tried switching ports and different cords and have ensured all connections are secure and can’t get them to turn on

:)

Kelsey Cavazos, Jul 10, 2024

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Max1968 Win User

No signal on 2 monitors

Bizarre "No Signal" message on Monitor. Help would be appreciated.

Interesting. My mouse is Roccat Kova and yet when clicked device manager as you suggested above the "allow device to wake up computer" square is greyed out. But if I do it through HID Compliant Mouse it's already ticked. Both under keyboards (not sure why there are two) are ticked to allow waking PC from sleep. Other thing I noticed under DM is the monitor. Listed not as Acer but Generic PnP monitor and it's location is on NVIDIA GeForce. Is that right?
    No signal on 2 monitors 382238d1672429618t-bizarre-no-signal-message-monitor-help-would-appreciated-device-manager.jpg

No signal on 2 monitors 382239d1672429640t-bizarre-no-signal-message-monitor-help-would-appreciated-monitor.jpg

No signal on 2 monitors 382240d1672429656t-bizarre-no-signal-message-monitor-help-would-appreciated-monitor-2.jpg

Max1968, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

No signal on 2 monitors

1. No signal on 2 monitors - Similar Threads - signal monitors

2. When I connect my PC to my Monitor, the Monitor shows No Signal and turns into Power Saving...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I connect my PC to my Monitor, the Monitor shows No Signal and turns into Power Saving...: When I connect my PC to my Monitor, it shows "No Signal," switches to Power Saving Mode, and then turns off. This is a recent problem which has emerged after 5 years of flawlessly using my PC. The PC is not the problem and neither is the cable, as I'm typing this while being...
  3. When I connect my PC to my Monitor, the Monitor shows No Signal and turns into Power Saving...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I connect my PC to my Monitor, the Monitor shows No Signal and turns into Power Saving...: When I connect my PC to my Monitor, it shows "No Signal," switches to Power Saving Mode, and then turns off. This is a recent problem which has emerged after 5 years of flawlessly using my PC. The PC is not the problem and neither is the cable, as I'm typing this while being...
  4. When I connect my PC to my Monitor, the Monitor shows No Signal and turns into Power Saving...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor works fine for a few minute before losing signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor works fine for a few minute before losing signal: This is quite frustrating as it has been happening for almost a month now. Sometimes it work for HOURS, sometimes it lose signal after a few minute, heck even losing signal in BIOS.The monitor would work fine for a bit until it eventually lose signal. Doesnt matter what i do,...
  6. Monitor works fine for a few minute before losing signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor works fine for a few minute before losing signal: This is quite frustrating as it has been happening for almost a month now. Sometimes it work for HOURS, sometimes it lose signal after a few minute, heck even losing signal in BIOS.The monitor would work fine for a bit until it eventually lose signal. Doesnt matter what i do,...
  7. Monitor works fine for a few minute before losing signal

8. Triple Monitor Setup No Signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple Monitor Setup No Signal: I have a triple monitor setup, but only 2 out of the 3 monitors are on simultaneously. Whenever I plug in the third monitor another one shuts off and gets the no signal detected message. If i unplug one the other one starts working fine, two out of three stay on, but whenever...
  9. Triple Monitor Setup No Signal

Triple Monitor Setup No Signal: I have a triple monitor setup, but only 2 out of the 3 monitors are on simultaneously. Whenever I plug in the third monitor another one shuts off and gets the no signal detected message. If i unplug one the other one starts working fine, two out of three stay on, but whenever...
  10. Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.: This question is similar to another question I found here -Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityI have an old Acer monitor bought in 2015 that I find to be not compatible with Windows 10 pro. If I connect the VGA cable of the monitor to my laptop...