Windows 10: No signal on external monitor via DVI/HDMI under Windows 10 only

Discus and support No signal on external monitor via DVI/HDMI under Windows 10 only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with an I5-8265U chipset Intel UHD 620 GPU and a Samsung 206BW screen. I have connected the two with a DVI-D screen to HDMI laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShaggyMoose, Jan 25, 2020.

1. No signal on external monitor via DVI/HDMI under Windows 10 only

I have a laptop with an I5-8265U chipset Intel UHD 620 GPU and a Samsung 206BW screen. I have connected the two with a DVI-D screen to HDMI laptop cable. However, I receive a "check cable" message when attempting to duplicate or extend to this display. The laptop configuration is:

• Windows version is 10.0.17763 Home 64 bit.
    • The latest manufacturer Intel UHD 620 GPU drivers are installed Acer version 26.20.100.6911.
    • The screen drivers are installed and it is correctly detected. The only supported refresh rate is shown correctly as 60hz.

To eliminate potential problems, I have confirmed that the cable and screen are not faulty by:

• Connecting the same Windows 10 laptop to another display using the same cable and HDMI port.
    • Using another laptop running Windows 7 using the same screen and cable.

Therefore, this is almost certainly a Windows 10 and/or Intel driver issue. To resolve this, I have tried:

• Using the screen auto-detect function to find the input.
    • Uninstalling and re-installing both the GPU and screen drivers.
    • Changing settings both through the Windows 10 configuration screens as well as the Intel drivers.
    • Using CTRL+WIN+SHIFT+B to restart the Windows video driver.
    • Rebooting with the screen attached.

There are many, many other posts across the Internet for similar problems, but no concrete resolution for my case that I can find. Thanks for any assistance.

:)

ShaggyMoose, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Gman_640 Win User

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Jan 25, 2020
  3. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for responding.

I would like to inform that as you are using a HDMI to DVI converter you wouldn't be able to get the audio.

If you have an option to connect the speakers to the monitor, you can connect those to get the audio.

Also, VGA, DVI, and component video cables do not support audio signals. HDMI cables do support audio signals, but not all HDMI-enabled video cards support audio.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 25, 2020
  4. No signal on external monitor via DVI/HDMI under Windows 10 only

DVI-D to HDMI problem

DVI does not have audio. HDMI does, but DVI doesn't. If your source is a DVI there is no audio signal. Not if you follow the specifications for DVI. In my case its HDMI to my monitors DVI. The audio part of my HDMI signal goes no where. It dead ends at the HDMI to DVI adapter on my monitor. I use PC speakers so its no big deal for me. I've just never heard of anybody doing it the other way around, DVI to HDMI. Just wondering if some wires get crossed up going that way. Of it a signal is lost?

alphanumeric, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

No signal on external monitor via DVI/HDMI under Windows 10 only

1. No signal on external monitor via DVI/HDMI under Windows 10 only - Similar Threads - signal external monitor

2. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  3. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  4. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  5. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  6. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  8. External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable: Summary: After updating from 1703 to 1809 we are experiencing an issue where the external monitor has stopped working. The end user has an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 device connected to an external monitor via HDMI cable. The external monitor was working fine before the...
  9. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV...
  10. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to...