Windows 10: No signal on secondary monitor

Discus and support No signal on secondary monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a company laptop and recently it got upgraded by our IT from windows 8 to windows 10. Until now i have used it with two external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kawa212, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Kawa212 Win User

No signal on secondary monitor

Hey all,

I have a company laptop and recently it got upgraded by our IT from windows 8 to windows 10. Until now i have used it with two external monitors in order to make my job easier. Unfortunately since the windows 10 version 1903 has been installed it is not detecting any monitors other than the generic laptop screen. It has a hdmi and a VGA out port. In the display menu there is no secondary monitor at all. I think it is windows, because we have older and newer PC-s in the company, one of the older PC has been reinstalled with the same method from windows 8 with dual monitors to windows 10 and it reproducing the same error. The newer ones however they are working very well with again the same step by step procedure.

What i have tried so far:

using many different cables,
    using many different monitors,
    starting windows without cable and monitor plugged,
    starting windows with cable and monitor plugged
    installing the latest driver within device manager
    uninstall then re-install the latest driver with device manager
    installed intel hd graphics program
    installed amd's latest driver detecting then auto installed radeon software
    manually tried to detect it in the display menu, nothing happened
    Using usb 3.0 HUB for both vga hdmi display port / neither worked.
    running SFC scan with command prompt
    Disabling fire wall and Kaspersky as well

I can't run the windows update because it is blocked by the company.
    Anything that can help me figure this out?

:)

Kawa212, Dec 17, 2019

2. no signal on monitor

the monitor isn't even picked up in windows, it can be displaying the desktop in safe mode as a secondary or primary monitor but only my dell is listed *Confused No signal on secondary monitor :confused:

SpookyWillow, Dec 17, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    GTX 1050 ti Monitors Lose Signal

So far there's been a catalogue of symptoms, and the worrying thing is there are literally pages and pages of the same issue with GTX 1050's on the GeForce forums.

Symptoms so far:
    • After getting to the logon screen, both my 4K monitor (plugged in via DP) and my 1080p monitor (plugged in via HDMI) spuriously lose signal for ~5 seconds then come back. This happens constantly with no apparent timing.
    • Whenever I open a game launcher (not a game), or Google Chrome, the screen flickers again, only this time I get a Windows 10 event alert saying "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".
    • When I check event viewer System logs, the yellow triangle simply says "nvlddmkm stopped responding" in each case of the monitors losing signal.
    Attempted fixes from numerous threads:
    • Installed the latest Game Ready "stable" drivers, installed latest "beta" drivers, and also installed some random "stable" drivers from a month ago. Uninstalled previous drivers with DDU each time and restarted before and after installation. Issue seems to persist sporadically.
    • Turned PCI Power Management off in Windows Power Settings. No change.
    • Switched Power settings in NVidia Control Panel to Maximum Performance. No change.
    • Gone into the registry and added a QWord(64bit) to CurrentControlSet001/Graphics/Drivers called "TdrDelay" and set it to 8 (also tried 10). No change.
    • Tried unplugging the secondary monitor. Managed to play Warframe for an entire evening without a monitor signal loss.
    • Switched secondary monitor to DVI Single Link cable to 1050 ti, and also tried secondary monitor on iGPU with primary monitor on 1050 ti. Still get signal losses on main monitor, secondary monitor does the same but is delayed (WTF?).
    • Downclocked GPU 50Mhz. No change.
    • Increased Power Limit by 5%. No change.
    Fixes I still need to try:
    • Try a different DP cable in main monitor/try HDMI cable instead.
    • I get the signal loss when I open Chrome, going to turn off hardware acceleration as that apparently solves things
    • Use a DWord(32bit) registry key instead of QWord for TdrDelay
    • Going to try the 375.50 drivers, as they're allegedly old but stable for low power Pascal GPUs.
    • Resetting CMOS for whatever reasons - some random guy said this solved his issues.
    Fairly convinced it's not a hardware issue since there are so many people with the same issue as me. One slight glimmer of explanation is that Micron memory may be at fault, I need to check if its Samsung or Micron stuff on mine. Apparently there were some GTX 1070 stability issues with Micron VRAM that were fixed with an update.

My entire system has been stable for years, sporting a R9 295x2 up until 6 months ago with no stability problems. Doubt it's PSU related. Motherboard is also on the latest 2.50 BIOS.

Help me TPU, you're my only hope.

RCoon, Dec 17, 2019
  4. No signal on secondary monitor

Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

No signal on secondary monitor

1. No signal on secondary monitor - Similar Threads - signal secondary monitor

2. No signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No signal to monitor: About two weeks ago my computer wouldn’t wake up. The monitor remained blank. The keyboard did not light up. The desktop pc is on. I rebooted. Nothing. I unplugged overnight, restarted. Nothing. Checked all the connections. All good. Replaced the DP connection. Nothing....
  3. No signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal to monitor: About two weeks ago my computer wouldn’t wake up. The monitor remained blank. The keyboard did not light up. The desktop pc is on. I rebooted. Nothing. I unplugged overnight, restarted. Nothing. Checked all the connections. All good. Replaced the DP connection. Nothing....
  4. No signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No Signal on Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Signal on Monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jamesbrad04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgy9k5/no_signal_on_monitor/
  6. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No signal to monitors: Hi, I bought a new computer a few months ago - a pre built msi infinite 9sa-871 - and was experiencing issues with lag after leaving the computer on, which got progressively worse. I'm not the smartest with tech, so I reset to factory settings and it sort of fixes itself, but...
  7. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal to monitors: Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. This morning I've gone to hop on my computer and I've got no signal to any of my screens 2 desktop...
  8. Monitor no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor no signal: My system unit boots perfectly, the videocard is working etc. But it says on my monitor that it has no signal. I checked every wirings and all. Is this a faulty ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-no-signal/584e85e7-7d09-4afb-86e0-8f837b1263dd
  9. Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set...: As the title says, I'm having an issue where the second monitor in my set-up won't display in Windows. Configuration: Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth A170 Mark 1 CPU: Intel i5-6600K GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX590 running Radeon Adrenalin 19.2.2 Monitor 1:...
  10. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...