Windows 10: No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

Discus and support No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal). Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dartz75, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Dartz75 Win User

No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

Hi Everyone,

I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal).

Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!!

I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the hard drive from the computer it will boot to the BIOS screen!

My question is - IS THERE ANY WAY TO STOP THE COMPUTER FROM BOOTING INTO SAFE MODE GIVEN THAT I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN?

My hope is that I can plug the hard drive into an external drive bay and alter a settings file on the disk so that it will be able to boot normally again.

Any help here would be fantastic.

Kind Regards,

Davo

:)

Dartz75, Sep 18, 2019

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Sep 18, 2019
  3. John Zab Win User
    Safe mode minimal

Hi,

To help address the issue regarding with restoring Windows from safe mode, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which troubleshooting steps have you tried already?
    • What were you trying to do in safe mode?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Jacko28er Win User

HDMI no signal only during Boot

Hey Guys,

I've just built myself a new computer, all working well, however on boot my HDMI monitor receives no signal until Windows has fully loaded. It would receive signal to see the Bios screen pop up then go blank with no signal and then about 5 seconds later will receive signal and display the desktop.

I've now added a second monitor connected via DVI, even though this is not set as my primary monitor the bios screen displays on it and I can see the entire boot process through this monitor, it will then load to desktop of which a split second later my primary HDMI monitor will then receive signal and start to display.

It's not a massive issue but it's quite annoying, any suggestions?

I'm using a GTX 970 and Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

Cheers,

Jacko28er, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)? - Similar Threads - signal received monitor

2. My monitor is receiving no signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is receiving no signal.: I’ve used this monitor on a previous device and it was working great. Now that I got a new laptop, I plugged in everything the way I did before. The hdmi cable works perfect, as I have checked on a different device, and the port on my laptop also works. I’m thinking it’s an...
  3. My monitor is receiving no signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor is receiving no signal.: I’ve used this monitor on a previous device and it was working great. Now that I got a new laptop, I plugged in everything the way I did before. The hdmi cable works perfect, as I have checked on a different device, and the port on my laptop also works. I’m thinking it’s an...
  4. Monitor showing no signal after safe bot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing no signal after safe bot: I was rebooting my pc after installing a game update, valorant, and I must've accidently booted into safe mode by holding shift or something as now it will not load up anything on my monitor. I have tried using on board graphics, fiddling with my ram, removing gpu, resetting...
  5. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  6. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  7. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.: So yesterday, when booting into safe mode, I had no issues with my monitor. However today, when I try to boot into safe mode, my monitor goes black with "no signal." I've tried different cables and turned my monitor off and on. However I get no problems when I turn my...
  9. Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor not working after booting in safe mode: Hello, My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of...
  10. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no signal in safe mode

2. inspirion9100 afterboot no input signal

3. windows 10 reboot into safe mode no signal monitor

4. no signal on monitor after booting from safe mode