Windows 10: No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated.

Discus and support No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My external monitor has recently lost the signal from my laptop and I've tried every bit of advice out there to try to get it back, with no success. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by alexso, Nov 25, 2018.

1. alexso Win User

No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated.

My external monitor has recently lost the signal from my laptop and I've tried every bit of advice out there to try to get it back, with no success. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and an old Dell S2409W external monitor. It was working fine via a DVI-D cable, but lost it's connectivity at some point when I was uninstalling / updating drivers for a Zebra LP2844 printer; as part of my troubleshooting the printer, I deleted a few drivers that were showing errors in Device Manager (stupidly without noting what I uninstalled). Once the dust cleared, the monitor no longer works.

Details of what I have tried:
    Currently, there are no errors or conflicts displayed in Device Manager. It only shows a Generic PnP Monitor.

I have replaced the cable, no effect. I have tried an HDMI cable, but the monitor is locked on DVI-D input, and I cannot unlock the menu to select another input. I've tried unplugging the monitor and holding the power button down for 15+ seconds for a hard reboot. No effect.

I have uninstalled all monitor drivers, as well as NVidia, run both Dell and Intel driver updates. I have installed the specific Dell S2409 driver onto the Generic PnP driver. None of these has had any effect.

The monitor does power on, and the display works - it just shows "Entering Power Save Mode" when plugged into the laptop, then goes dark. I don't have another machine with a graphics port with which to test it unfortunately.

I've run sfc /scannow, I've run Windows Update.

I'm at the point where I'm considering a complete rebuild, but would love to avoid that if anyone has any further advice to try.

Thanks!

:)

alexso, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 25, 2018
  3. External monitor not working after synaptics device driver update. Can't uninstall driver

Upon starting my laptop a couple of days ago my external monitor stopped working. The laptop screen was fine but nothing displayed on the monitor. I swapped the monitor out for one on another PC and the new monitor had the same issue. The one that I thought
    was faulty worked perfectly fine on the other PC.

After checking the update center the only change made to the system between monitor working and not was an update to the Synaptics Pointing Device driver.

Some googling lead me to some links that suggested an issue with mouse drivers and windows 10. I followed the instructions which were to disconnect external mouse from laptop and restart with it unplugged...astoundingly that worked...yesterday...today however
    no monitor and external mouse trick not working either.

I have tried uninstalling the driver that was installed and disabling the touch pad. The first time I uninstalled the new driver it rolled back to an older version but this did not solve the issue. So I asked windows to completely uninstall the touchpad
    driver. However, when I restarted the latest version of the driver was back again and every time I log in it says the device is working properly but a hardware restart is required to finish modifying the device.

After multiple restarts I cannot get the driver to uninstall or think that it is fully installed and Ok.

My preference would be to have the touchpad and monitor working but if I had to choose one I would like a fix to have the external monitor working.

Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean - Business Evolution, Nov 25, 2018
  4. No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated.

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated.

1. No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated. - Similar Threads - signal external monitor

2. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  3. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  4. External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver: This is a follow-up to my previous question: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-monitor-keeps-losing-signal-when-playing/2f7e8269-c842-496a-be17-d79d500140ba?messageId=260c5ed7-2d43-4a60-a82a-9d01c7db9742Basically when my external monitor...
  5. External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver: This is a follow-up to my previous question: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-monitor-keeps-losing-signal-when-playing/2f7e8269-c842-496a-be17-d79d500140ba?messageId=260c5ed7-2d43-4a60-a82a-9d01c7db9742Basically when my external monitor...
  6. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  7. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: HelloI am using windows 10. I want to use two monitors. So I am using HDMI and DVI. Unfortunately, Windows 10 detecting both monitors. But DVI connected monitor not received any Signal No signal message.I checked the cable and drivers. All are fine. Any solution for this...
  8. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hello, I have an HP laptop, with an HP docking and 2 HP external monitors. Everything works perfectly, except that sometimes often when going out of sleep mode one of the screens does not work, it remains without signal. When the problem occurs, simply unplug and replug...
  9. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh...
  10. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop. I connected an external monitor via USB-C->HDMI adapter but can't duplicate or extend to it. When I switch to duplicate, extend, or second display, the setting goes back to PC screen only. The monitor, adapter and HDMI cable works because I...