Windows 10: No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

Discus and support No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Victor Gonzales II, Dec 3, 2022.

1. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3

:)

Victor Gonzales II, Dec 3, 2022
  2. j7nce Win User

PC boots up but monitor shows 'no signal' and keyboard not working.

Thanks for your answer, however i have checked all cables and connections and these are fine (work with other pc). Re step 2 - i cannot boot to safe mode as there is no monitor signal so i cannot see anything except a black screen.

how can i boot my PC to safe mode if i cannot see anything?

I can't change the signal resolution either as no monitor!!

j7nce, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Dartz75 Win User
    No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

Hi Everyone,

I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal).

Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!!

I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the hard drive from the computer it will boot to the BIOS screen!

My question is - IS THERE ANY WAY TO STOP THE COMPUTER FROM BOOTING INTO SAFE MODE GIVEN THAT I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN?

My hope is that I can plug the hard drive into an external drive bay and alter a settings file on the disk so that it will be able to boot normally again.

Any help here would be fantastic.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Dartz75, Dec 3, 2022
  4. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

PC boots up but monitor shows 'no signal' and keyboard not working.

'No signal' means that your monitor is not receiving a video signal that it can display. This is usually due to one of the following causes:

1- The cable going from your computer to your monitor is loose. Power off the monitor, re-attach the cable at both end, power on your monitor. (This step is N/A if you have a laptop or an AIO.)

2- The signal your graphics card is sending to your monitor can't be displayed by your monitor. Boot the computer to Safe Mode, choose a low resolution signal, restart your computer normally, switch to the 'Recommended' resolution for your monitor.

To change the signal resolution: Start > Settings > System > Display > Display resolution.

Your problem is not related to your BIOS, unless you made changes to the BIOS yourself.

RottweilerX, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

1. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode - Similar Threads - signal monitor booting

2. Monitor showing no signal after safe bot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing no signal after safe bot: I was rebooting my pc after installing a game update, valorant, and I must've accidently booted into safe mode by holding shift or something as now it will not load up anything on my monitor. I have tried using on board graphics, fiddling with my ram, removing gpu, resetting...
  3. Monitor showing no signal after safe bot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor showing no signal after safe bot: I was rebooting my pc after installing a game update, valorant, and I must've accidently booted into safe mode by holding shift or something as now it will not load up anything on my monitor. I have tried using on board graphics, fiddling with my ram, removing gpu, resetting...
  4. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  5. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  6. Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.: So yesterday, when booting into safe mode, I had no issues with my monitor. However today, when I try to boot into safe mode, my monitor goes black with "no signal." I've tried different cables and turned my monitor off and on. However I get no problems when I turn my...
  7. no signal after unplugging and rebooting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no signal after unplugging and rebooting in safe mode: So I unplugged my pc and plugged it back in and when I started my pc and played games it got about 6fps. I red online that booting it into safe mode may fix the problem so I did and when i rebooted it in safe mode I just got a black screen. So after waiting about 7min I just...
  8. No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig: I recently tried to restart my pcninto safe mode in order to run some diagnostics. I entered safemode through msconfig. After booting this way, my monitor has completely stopped recieving signal. Ive tried plugging it into other ports and even used other monitors with no...
  9. No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?: Hi Everyone, I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal). Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!! I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the...
  10. Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor not working after booting in safe mode: Hello, My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of...