Windows 10: No signal to monitor after couple minutes of use, screen freezes first

Discus and support No signal to monitor after couple minutes of use, screen freezes first in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with my R9 270x gpu. After a couple minutes of use, the screen will freeze and then my monitor will have no signal. I had this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by excellentnoob, Dec 25, 2015.

1. No signal to monitor after couple minutes of use, screen freezes first

I'm having a problem with my R9 270x gpu. After a couple minutes of use, the screen will freeze and then my monitor will have no signal. I had this issue in windows 8; I now have windows 10. Everything is fine using an Nvidia gpu. I am using the latest amd drivers. I've also RMA'd both my GPU and mobo and Gigabyte told me nothing is wrong with them. Any help is appreciated.

Specs: Windows 10
    Gigabyte R9 270x
    Gigabyte b85m-d3h Mobo

Not sure if important: when the monitor becomes unresponsive, the my gpu sounds like the fans go to 100% for a second, then rests, then repeats.

:)

excellentnoob, Dec 25, 2015
  2. Alan B Win User

Black Screen after a couple of minutes after windows 10 login on HP Probook 6560b

A past virus infection can stop Explorer.exe from running. This happens after the actual virus file has been removed but the registry entry that causes it to load when explorer is loaded remains. As Explorer cannot load the virus it does not load at
    all so you will not find it listed under Task Manager and you won't be able to launch it manually. However if you copy explorer.exe to explorer2.exe then explorer2.exe should run.

Alan B, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Black Screen after a couple of minutes after windows 10 login on HP Probook 6560b

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10 installation.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Some PCs may need long time to download Windows 10, depending on the quality of the internet connection.

Tip - If your Windows 10 download is taking too long, try disconnecting any USB devices and extended display cables that may be connected.

Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool" in the link below for creating the tool.

Download Windows 10

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might
      need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Automatic Repair'.
    • After this, complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 25, 2015
Thema:

No signal to monitor after couple minutes of use, screen freezes first

1. No signal to monitor after couple minutes of use, screen freezes first - Similar Threads - signal monitor couple

2. The computer freezes and a blue screen crashes after a couple of minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer freezes and a blue screen crashes after a couple of minutes.: The blue screen usually crashes when the system is idle, there was no blue screen during games or other loads. I think it may be due to the undervolting of the processor, although I lowered the voltage by only 0.075V.Error from Event Viewer:Event...
  3. The computer freezes and a blue screen crashes after a couple of minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer freezes and a blue screen crashes after a couple of minutes.: The blue screen usually crashes when the system is idle, there was no blue screen during games or other loads. I think it may be due to the undervolting of the processor, although I lowered the voltage by only 0.075V.Error from Event Viewer:Event...
  4. Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.: I've had this problem for a while now where I would be playing a game such as CS:GO or Destiny 2 or even just minecraft and had issues with the computer screen freezing and the audio also freezing after around 10 seconds of the screen freezing. When I check the temp of my...
  5. Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing after a couple minutes while playing games.: I've had this problem for a while now where I would be playing a game such as CS:GO or Destiny 2 or even just minecraft and had issues with the computer screen freezing and the audio also freezing after around 10 seconds of the screen freezing. When I check the temp of my...
  6. Monitor goes to no signal after a couple of seconds after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor goes to no signal after a couple of seconds after startup: Hello everyone. My old PC was running a bit slow so I thought cleaning it off would help. I unplugged the graphics card from the motherboard and also removed a fan from a graphics card itself and cleaned only a fan with a bit wet towel there was no water damage for sure then...
  7. Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen: My displayport monitor (MSI MAG271CQR) does not display anything after the windows 10 boot logo. The Boot logo and the windows logo show and when the login screen loads up, the monitor disconnects (Shows the no signal message), while the second monitor (hdmi) shows the login...
  8. Windows 10 freezing every couple minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing every couple minutes.: I've been having this issue for a while now where my PC just freezes, CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work, nothing does. After about a minutes everything goes back to normal, then a few minutes later it freezes again. Ive run the sfc /scannnow and another one that fixed windows update...
  9. no BSOD, GPU stops sending signal to monitor after minutes of use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no BSOD, GPU stops sending signal to monitor after minutes of use: I'm having a problem with my R9 270x gpu. After a couple minutes of use, the screen will freeze and then my monitor will have no signal. I had this issue in windows 8; I now have windows 10. Everything is normal using an Nvidia gpu. I am using the latest amd drivers. I've...
  10. Everything Freezes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Everything Freezes every couple of minutes: So I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but this issue has carried over from Windows 7, though it's seemingly worse now. Every couple of minutes, it lags out for about 1-2 minutes. First the page freezes and I'm able to move the mouse for a short while longer, then the mouse...