Windows 10: No signal to monitors

Discus and support No signal to monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Enthoren, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Enthoren Win User

No signal to monitors

Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction.

This morning I've gone to hop on my computer and I've got no signal to any of my screens 2 desktop monitors and one wacom cintiq. I have no idea what's happened, never had any troubles before, just boom 3 screens not working. The computer is on, it makes noises if I unplug the mouse etc. They're all plugged in properly etc.

The only odd thing that's happened is last night I was playing age of empires and it just froze up and the mouse wouldn't move/music stopped. So I had to restart. Then about 10 minutes later it froze up again.

It is possible it has something to do with updates because it's the first time I've restarted my computer In a long time. At least a few weeks, but other than that it's just been fixed a couple of months ago with a brand new copy of Windows and hard drive so there's no reason for it to be playing up. I've had the computer for a couple of years but it's been totally sound except that it just had a broken fan replaced.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Enthoren, Sep 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

This happens if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the monitor. The video card is feeding the monitor a signal stream in excess of what the monitor can accommodate. The two main causes for this are that either the resolution
    or the vertical frequency is set high.

You may try the troubleshooting steps listed in HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about
    No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save
    and check if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Elmer San Win User

No signal to monitors

Second Monitor has No Signal

Hi,

To assist you further with your concern about no signal on your second monitor, we would like to get some information from you:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you try to check if the second monitor will work if installed as the primary monitor?
    • Aside from checking the cables, did you try to use a different cable?
    • Are the right monitor drivers installed on your computer?
    • Does your video card has the right settings for using two monitors?
    • Did you update your video card driver?

We are waiting for your reply.

Elmer San, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

No signal to monitors

1. No signal to monitors - Similar Threads - signal monitors

2. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  3. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  4. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  5. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  6. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  7. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  8. Private laptop cannot send signals to two monitors at the same time while my work laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Private laptop cannot send signals to two monitors at the same time while my work laptop...: I have tried several things:- Reinstalling/updating drivers- Unplugging/plugging/rebooting- Enabled/disabled G-Sync and played around with refresh ratesSome more information about the setup:- ASUS ROG G531GW connects to Razer Thunderbolt 4 Dock after which the dock connects...
  9. Private laptop cannot send signals to two monitors at the same time while my work laptop...

Private laptop cannot send signals to two monitors at the same time while my work laptop...: I have tried several things:- Reinstalling/updating drivers- Unplugging/plugging/rebooting- Enabled/disabled G-Sync and played around with refresh ratesSome more information about the setup:- ASUS ROG G531GW connects to Razer Thunderbolt 4 Dock after which the dock connects...
  10. Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue

Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue: my pc turns on normally with display but then 3 seconds into the login screen the display black screens and says "no signal detected". my peripherals which are plugged into my monitor still work. and my second monitor does still work so i can still do stuff on windows on that...