Windows 10: No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update

Discus and support No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I just installed the Windows 10 April 2019 update, and the first thing that I immediately noticed was that the Sleep button is no longer available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlisonHanna29, Jan 29, 2019.

1. No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update

So, I just installed the Windows 10 April 2019 update, and the first thing that I immediately noticed was that the Sleep button is no longer available on the Start menu. Here's a photo to give you an idea of what I see:

No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update [​IMG]

I've tried searching for what happened, but there isn't even an option to enable the Sleep button.

No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update 4d3f1a15-f0d4-44d8-b77c-146b20952430?upload=true.png

And when I tried the Advanced Power Settings, the only options I got for "When I close the lid" was "Do nothing", "Hibernate", or "Shut down". And Microsoft Support was not helpful at all. All I got was a bot who gave me a solution for "My Surface won't wake or turn on". I looked on the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem, but there have been no cases on this level nor cases that have come with this most recent update. Is there anyone who has dealt with this who can help me out?

:)

AlisonHanna29, Jan 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Drone, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update

1. No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Sleep Button Start

2. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  3. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  4. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.: As my title says, when I press the sleep button or when the timer to put my computer to sleep runs out the computer goes to sleep but immediately wakes up with a black screen and the windows logo with the dotted loading circle. It appears the computer restarts but at no point...
  6. Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates: I have spent 8 hours trying to fix this, that's a full days work (without breaks.) and I am *issed off. I am using windows 10 pro, it shows as updated with KB4480056, KB4493509, but last night there seemed to be at least 30 installing and it shut down restarted many times....
  7. Windows Update April 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update April 2019: Hello, My laptop started updating, which stalled at a certain point. I don't know what the percentage was, because the screen turned black. When I rebooted, the screen turned black again after showing the Asus logo. After several times trying to reboot my device, I tried...
  8. Windows 10 Update April 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2018 Update

Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2018 Update: Problem description: Ever since the Windows 10 April 2018 update was installed, the Start menu on my work PC had been broken. I click but the Start menu does not appear, and nothing happens except a brief busy ⭕️. I have to launch all apps manually, either by running from a...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2-01Update

Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2-01Update: Problem description: Ever since the Windows 10 April 2018 update was installed, the Start menu on my work PC had been broken. I click but the Start menu does not appear, and nothing happens except a brief busy ⭕️. I have to launch all apps manually, either by running from a...