Windows 10: No sleep function in windows

Discus and support No sleep function in windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I have recently reinstalled windows to the latest Windows 10 pro with all the update, I have a RTX 3090 with the latest drivers 466.27 updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gino Grace, May 2, 2021.

1. No sleep function in windows

Hi all, I have recently reinstalled windows to the latest Windows 10 pro with all the update, I have a RTX 3090 with the latest drivers 466.27 updated 29/04/2021I have the up-to-date mother board drivers for my B550 Aorus Master for my Ryzen 3950X CPUI have followed all instructions to enable the sleep function in settings I have tried to make a customized power setting plan to see if sleep is available, but it is not please see screenshots below, is anyone able to help?

:)

Gino Grace, May 2, 2021

2. My computer does not work with sleep function after latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 2, 2021
  3. Sleep function for windows 10

Hi Pamal,

In order to help you with your concern about the sleep function of your Windows 10, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10 PC? To get these information, please follow these steps:
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Settings and click it.
    • Click System.
    • Click About.
    • Check the Version and OS Build.
    • Is your Windows 10 up-to-date? If not, you may refer to this
      support link
      . You may also refer to this link to know the update history of Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 2, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

No sleep function in windows

What is up with the sleep function in Windows 10?

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with sleep mode.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect power settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps to increase the time limit for computer to go into sleep mode once left it idle:

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click System.

• In the left pane click on
      Power & Sleep.

• Under the section
      sleep, change the time limit for computer to go to sleep.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 2, 2021
Thema:

No sleep function in windows

1. No sleep function in windows - Similar Threads - sleep function

2. Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro: Hi,I just bought a Surface 7+ Pro about a week ago. 2 days ago I've noticed it was warm inside my bag and it was draining battery because wasn't sleeping as I closed the keyboard. Upon investigation I discovered the sleep function wasn't working anymore. The powercfg /a gives...
  3. Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro: Hi,I just bought a Surface 7+ Pro about a week ago. 2 days ago I've noticed it was warm inside my bag and it was draining battery because wasn't sleeping as I closed the keyboard. Upon investigation I discovered the sleep function wasn't working anymore. The powercfg /a gives...
  4. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also<Changed to a question>...
  5. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  6. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  7. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

8. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?: Whenever I put the desktop Computer to SLEEP, and try to wake it up, it never wakes up and I have to Power OFF and POWER On. Is there a way to control or manage the SLEEP Function?...
  9. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?: Whenever I put the desktop Computer to SLEEP, and try to wake it up, it never wakes up and I have to Power OFF and POWER On. Is there a way to control or manage the SLEEP Function?...
  10. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware