Windows 10: No Sleep, No Spotlight

Discus and support No Sleep, No Spotlight in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I like having my desktop go to sleep a half an hour after I walk away from it. I like going to it the next time, starting it up, and seeing an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Solina Dave, Feb 18, 2021.

1. No Sleep, No Spotlight

I like having my desktop go to sleep a half an hour after I walk away from it. I like going to it the next time, starting it up, and seeing an everchanging array of beautiful photos spotlight display on my screen, before I get to work computing.

From settings, I try to arrange for this to happen automatically. I find establishing an automatic time for it to go to sleep very confusing, and generally a pain in the ****!. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. On the rare occasion that it does work, it just seems to happen. I can't remember what I did to make it happen. But it doesn't matter anyway, because someday in the not to distant future, the whole automatic sleep setup will disappear again. Once I get something working properly, I do everything I can to avoid screwing that up. I find that if it's working, I just leave it alone. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Right?

Any suggestions to solve this irritating dilemma would be welcome. I don't care if the screen itself ever shuts down from non-use. I just want the entire computer, its screen, and everything else, to automatically go to sleep thirty minutes after I leave it. Is that asking too much?

Thanks for listening to me rant................................Dave

:)

Solina Dave, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 18, 2021
  4. No Sleep, No Spotlight

welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

No Sleep, No Spotlight

1. No Sleep, No Spotlight - Similar Threads - Sleep Spotlight

2. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  3. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  4. NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features: Something happened to my Windows 11 Settings Features.In particular, after clicking on Settings:In System:- No Power and Battery just Power- but In Power under Screen and Sleep - there is No Sleep mode feature offered- No System and Security setting just Privacy and Security-...
  5. NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features

NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features: Something happened to my Windows 11 Settings Features.In particular, after clicking on Settings:In System:- No Power and Battery just Power- but In Power under Screen and Sleep - there is No Sleep mode feature offered- No System and Security setting just Privacy and Security-...
  6. my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...: my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point onwards is at double speed. Can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-went-into-sleep-mode-during-a/04d468af-39aa-4606-adf3-4cb7bff394c7
  7. If my laptop is put into sleep mode, if the Spotlight image changes, it closes the laptop down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If my laptop is put into sleep mode, if the Spotlight image changes, it closes the laptop down: Most of the time, if my laptop is put to sleep mode, it resumes no problem at all it's a Lenovo Legion 5 with i5-11400H processor and RTX 3050 graphics card.However, recently and I noticed this once before I pressed the power button to resume the laptop, it started loading as...
  8. If my laptop is put into sleep mode, if the Spotlight image changes, it closes the laptop down

If my laptop is put into sleep mode, if the Spotlight image changes, it closes the laptop down: Most of the time, if my laptop is put to sleep mode, it resumes no problem at all it's a Lenovo Legion 5 with i5-11400H processor and RTX 3050 graphics card.However, recently and I noticed this once before I pressed the power button to resume the laptop, it started loading as...
  9. Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts when waking from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts when waking from sleep: I have a Dell E6520 running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. When I wake my computer and try to click on one of the fact tabs to find out more about the Windows spotlight, the computer freezes and I have to do a forced restart. I was able to fix it temporarily by resetting and...
  10. No Sleep, No Spotlight

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep, No Spotlight: My computer has Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I didn't install that info. while registering, and now I can't find a path to do that. At any rate, I found Microsoft Community to be somewhat lacking, so here I am. Maybe you can help me. I like having my desktop go to sleep a...