Windows 10: No Sleep, No Spotlight

Discus and support No Sleep, No Spotlight in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer has Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I didn't install that info. while registering, and now I can't find a path to do that. At any rate, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David McCauley, Feb 19, 2021.

1. No Sleep, No Spotlight

My computer has Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I didn't install that info. while registering, and now I can't find a path to do that.
    At any rate, I found Microsoft Community to be somewhat lacking, so here I am. Maybe you can help me.
    I like having my desktop go to sleep a half an hour after I walk away from it. I like going to it the next time, starting it up, and seeing an everchanging array of beautiful photos (spotlight) display on my screen, before I get to work computing.
    From settings, I try to arrange for this to happen automatically. I find establishing an automatic time for it to go to sleep very confusing, and generally a pain in the ****!. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. On the rare occasion that it does work, it just seems to happen. I can't remember what I did to make it happen. But it doesn't matter anyway, because someday in the not to distant future, the whole automatic sleep setup will disappear again. Once I get something working properly, I do everything I can to avoid screwing that up. I find that if it's working, I just leave it alone. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Right? But in this case it seems to have a mind of its own.
    Any suggestions to solve this irritating dilemma would be welcome. I don't care if the screen itself ever shuts down from non-use. I just want the entire computer, its screen, and everything else, to automatically go to sleep thirty minutes after I leave it. I can't think how to put it any other way. A step by step process would be most welcome.

Thank you.....Dave*Smile

:)

David McCauley, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 19, 2021
  4. No Sleep, No Spotlight

welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

No Sleep, No Spotlight

1. No Sleep, No Spotlight - Similar Threads - Sleep Spotlight

2. NohwdripsC10 is never turns off in modern standby and consuming battery during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NohwdripsC10 is never turns off in modern standby and consuming battery during sleep: Modern Standby is a very good feature in Windows 10. But when i watch sleep pattern by using command powercfg -sleepstudy then the report says NohwdripsC10 always run and it never turns off no matter how long i leave it in sleep mode. The colour of that layer is always red in...
  3. pin not needed after sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin not needed after sleep: After a recent update , I am assuming a features update , my comp. goes to home screen after waking up. Pin is no longer required. I need to have my pin used after waking up. I have of course made sure settings show I need pin after waking. I have deleted NGC folder. I have...
  4. Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

Pc fail to wakeup from sleep: The "sleep" don't work on the system. It goes to sleep but when it comes back something is wrong and the system resets and restarts normally, but I lost everything I was doing !!! I'm with windows 20h2 v2, until a few days ago it worked. How can I solve? ( Of course...
  5. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking from sleep: Every time I put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it up, it says no contact with the monitor after I turn on the monitor. I then have to leave the monitor on and put the computer to sleep via the keyboard and wake it up, it then sees and connects with the monitor....
  6. Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "Blinking" Light When Powering Down Computer Into Sleep Mode: Hello. So for the longest time ever, I customized a method to whenever I want to power down my computer and then start it back up again, it would reload everything that's already open. When I run this little custom "script", it enables Hibernate mode (where Windows creates...
  7. "Sleep" is shutting down pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.: my pc used to "go to sleep" without any issue. latly ive install my windows on protable ssd drive, and since then "Sleep" is shutting down pc. the option "sleep" is visible but i acutually turning of pc. what does this happen? is it related to the fact the the system is...
  8. Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep: Hello! I have an issue which seems similar to what several other people have reported, unfortunately none of the suggested solutions seems to work for me. In our household we a TP-Link Archer AX6000 router which provides internet access for several laptops, tablets and...
  9. Newer versions of Windows 10 will not idle, screensaver or go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Newer versions of Windows 10 will not idle, screensaver or go to sleep: I am using Windows 10 Professional version 1803. If I update to the latest version, something about that prevents my computer from idling. As such, my screensaver and power options do not automatically activate. I have to use them manually and they only work when I do set...
  10. No Sleep, No Spotlight

No Sleep, No Spotlight: I like having my desktop go to sleep a half an hour after I walk away from it. I like going to it the next time, starting it up, and seeing an everchanging array of beautiful photos spotlight display on my screen, before I get to work computing. From settings, I try to...