Windows 10: No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate

Discus and support No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I just purchased a new "Acer TravelMate P2510" and I have a problem with my Power settings. I want to make my computer goes sleep when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OmerButt2, Dec 5, 2018.

1. OmerButt2 Win User

No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a new "Acer TravelMate P2510" and I have a problem with my Power settings. I want to make my computer goes sleep when I close the lid or click the power button. But in the "Change What The Power Button Does," or "close the lid" settings, there is no longer a sleep option. All I see is:

"Do Nothing"
    "Hibernate"
    "Shutdown"

No sleep options. Recently I installed window 10 on it.

In Device manager, this is what i see on the display adapters.

No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate 3ddd629e-2e41-43c2-aff3-3b5b8bc9db14?upload=true.jpg

And when i update the driver (Intel UHD Graphics 620) so i get this in the end

No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate d27fa2fd-ae71-426c-826d-15b13c6f70b0?upload=true.jpg

I think, that is the main reason i can't see any option of "low brightness & High Brightness" on my system. even the keyboard brightness keys with function keys not working at all.

Any Suggestions ??

Thanks,
    Omer

:)

OmerButt2, Dec 5, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Acer Introduces New TravelMate Notebook PCs

Acer America, part of the world’s third largest PC company, today introduced two new notebook PC platforms – TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 – designed for the mobile professional. The new TravelMate notebook series, available now in the U.S. commercial channel, offers robust, secure and powerful PC solutions for corporate and small-to-medium (SMB) business customers. The TravelMate notebook PC platforms are ideal productivity tools for efficient connectivity and smart portability. The 15.4-inch TravelMate 6593 and the 14.1-inch TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs offer the superior performance, fast and reliable internet connectivity, videoconferencing and robust security features that mobile professionals require.

No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate acer1_thm.jpg

No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate acer2_thm.jpg

Professional performance, communication and security
    The TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 are equipped with Intel Centrino 2 with vPro technology and utilize the Intel integrated 3D Graphics Media Accelerator X4500MHD for superb graphic performance and video processing. Both the 14.1-inch TravelMate 6493 and the 15.4-inch TravelMate 6593 offer WXGA high-brightness TFT LCD panels with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing via Acer GridVista, a handy business tool to accommodate up to eight display windows on one screen at once, allowing users increased productivity while delivering a natural cinematic view.

To improve versatility and mobility, the TravelMate 6593 and 6493 notebook series integrates the Acer MediaBay hot-swappable solution that offers a choice of an extra hard disk, a second battery or an optical drive with either a DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive or DVD/CD-RW combo. For speedier response times and multitasking and productivity demands, the TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 can rely on up to 4 GB of DDR3 800/1033 MHz memory, which can significantly increase data bandwidths.

For videoconference needs, the TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs come with Acer Video Conference solution – including the Acer Crystal Eye webcam and Acer Video Conference Manager software – enabling a user to set up videoconferences in any environment. Added security features include Acer Bio-Protection digital imprint reading solution, one of the most secure control programs for mobile platforms on the market and Acer FingerLaunch, which offers a secure way to launch programs or authenticated documents with a simple touch.

Acer ezDock II/II+ commercial docking stations
    For added expansion, the TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs can be incorporated with Acer ezDock II and ezDock II+ docking stations. The smart one-size-fits-all commercial docking stations are designed to support all TravelMate form factors and models, providing increased return-on-investment for businesses. The highly efficient commercial docking stations feature an innovative plug-n-play solution allowing instant connection of multiple devices in one simple operation and the ability to dock TravelMate notebooks without having to reboot. The Acer ezDock II and ezDock II+ also increases desk real estate and enhances safety by correctly routing and securing cables in place at the user’s workstation.

TravelMate 6593 specifications:
    • Intel Centrino 2 Processor with vPro Technology
    • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500
      (6MB L2 Cache | 2.53 GHz | 1066MHz FSB)
    • 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD (1280 x 800)
    • 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz Dual Channel Memory
    • Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 MHD
    • 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    • 5-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
    • 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
    • Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
    • Windows Vista Business
    • MSRP $1499
    TravelMate 6493 specifications:
    • Intel Centrino 2 Processor with vPro Technology
    • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8400
      (3MB L2 Cache | 2.53 GHz | 1066MHz FSB)
    • 14.1" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD (1280 x 800)
    • 3GB DDR3 1066 MHz Dual Channel Memory
    • Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 MHD
    • 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    • 5-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
    • 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
    • Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
    • Windows Vista Business
    • MSRP $1099 - $1299
    Availability
    The Acer TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs, along with ezDock II and ezDock II+ commercial docking stations are available now via Acer’s authorized resellers. The TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 come with a three-year limited warranty.

Source: Acer

malware, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate - Similar Threads - Sleep Option Brightness

2. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sleep Option: Hello, I have a problem with my PC which I can't make it to sleep! This doesn't have any sleep option in the power sector. It's not even grayed out, nothing; totally!!! In the power sector, I have only options: "Shut Down, Hibernate and Lock; There was a sleep option when I...
  3. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sleep Option: Hello, I have a problem with my PC which I can't make it to sleep! This doesn't have any sleep option in the power sector. It's not even grayed out, nothing; totally!!! In the power sector, I have only options: "Shut Down, Hibernate and Lock; There was a sleep option when I...
  4. Brightness, power and sleep options are lost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness, power and sleep options are lost: The screen brightness adjustment slider, as well as power and sleep options disappeared from the laptop. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks submitted by /u/tigerelmo [link] [comments]...
  5. Screen Brightness, Nightlight, and Sleep options are not working

Screen Brightness, Nightlight, and Sleep options are not working: Help, I was using my computer and suddenly I noticed that the screen was so bright. I tried to find where to reduce it but the bar down in the right hand corner of the screen is missing. So then I went to settings and turned on the night light to reduce blue light and it...
  6. Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness: Why would my computer no longer have an option to Sleep? Or to adjust screen brightness? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-option-adjusting-screen-brightness/d616fd76-8bc3-4c82-bd30-e9671b4b6743
  7. No option to change brightness!!

No option to change brightness!!: My screen is just too bright, the monitor that i use does have different modes but i can't change brightness. I am running a win 10 pro. I have literally checked it everywhere, there just doesnt seem to be a option/ slider to change my brightness. I checked it at quick...
  8. No sleep option

in Windows 10 Support
    No sleep option: On a friends HP Pavilion Model p7-1256c I formatted and did a fresh install of W10 Home. All works fine except there is no sleep option. I have tried many suggestions here like chipset drivers from HP which it wouldn't accept. My friend is not too up on this stuff which is...
  9. No brightness option on new computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    No brightness option on new computer?: I just bought a new computer and new display and for some reason I cannot turn down my brightness. There just is no option where it should be. Is this an issue with my display or system? 80882
  10. No option to change brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to change brightness: Hi everyone, i just moved my computer up to my room so could use it before bed, but it was to bright so i wanted to lower the brightness. When i went into display settings there was no slider or option to change the brightness setting. all my gpu drivers are up to date, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot