Windows 10: no sleep option in lock screen

Discus and support no sleep option in lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nikarijamko, Jul 21, 2016.

1. no sleep option in lock screen

sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option.

i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can only tell the computer to sleep from the start menu. when i do lock my computer, the only buttons i have are network, ease of access, and to shut down. there's not even a restart option.

is there a way to add the restart/sleep back in? multiple people live here, so i don't want them being able to access my computer while i'm away at work, and i'd prefer to not have to completely shut down after each session.

:)

nikarijamko, Jul 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Lock Screen When Closed Lid without sleep or hibernate.

HI!

I don't know how, why or exactly when it happend.

At start, when I closed my laptop lid, it locked the screen without sleep or hibernate, but today when I do that it just keep unlocked and running.

In the power config only has the options of "Do nothing", "Shutdown", "Hibernate" and "Sleep". I always let him on "Do Nothing" and it always locked the screen without sleep or hibernat, as I want it to do! But now it doesn't lock the screen.

That pissed me off!

How can I make it back to lock the screen when lid closed without sleep or hibernate?

Drakon Früjig Gronâk, Jul 21, 2016
  3. MS Spotlight not working after resume from sleep closing the lid- HP Pavilion

Interesting bug. Computer is working fine with exception for MS Spotlight after the laptop resume from sleep if sleep was triggered by closing the lid.

Lock Screen Settings:

MS Spotlight configured

Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen turned ON

Closed Lid configure to put the computer to sleep

Hibernation has been disabled

If I put the computer to sleep by closing the lid and then I open it then the Lock Screen is the Power up/Restart Lock Screen picture

If I put the computer to sleep by selecting sleep through the power option after pressing the windows key then it works fine.

It gets better, if I turn off the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen (TURNED OFF) then the MS Spotlight picture comes on resume and it does not matter how the computer was put to sleep.

Has this bug been identified? Is MS aware of this problem? I am running the latest W10 version with all updates.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LockScreenNotworking, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

no sleep option in lock screen

1. no sleep option in lock screen - Similar Threads - sleep option lock

2. Sleep mode locks the screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  3. THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode: 2 days ago i upgraded my windows 10 to build 1903 , since then , randomly and during any activity (gaming , watching a video ..etc) , screen with the word "locking" in the middle appears for half a second and my laptop goes into sleep mode and then i have to turn it on...
  4. PIN option not available at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN option not available at lock screen: Hello, I have reset my PIN for several times even with administrator account but PIN option is still not available and I use password to log in which is so anguishing. Please suggest solution....
  5. Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue: I am facing a problem of automatically my pc is going to Lock screen when I am not using my laptop for 1 minute After that I want to open my lock screen with password and I should continue my work this is very irritating and I cannot proceed my work speedily and I changed...
  6. Lock screen font options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen font options: After a bunch of web searching and going through as many options as I can find in the OS I'm still stumped on being able to change the font on the lock screen. All that I have showing is the basic clock and date, but I'd love to be able to change it from white due to the...
  7. lock screen - windows spotlight option not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen - windows spotlight option not working: I am currently up to date with all updates for my legal copy of windows 10 pro, I have choosen the windows spotlight feature for my lock screen, however it never activates, I still just get the microsoft glowing blue window screen, any thoughts? also right below the...
  8. Bypass lock screen after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...
  9. No 'Lock' option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No 'Lock' option?: Hey, I am going to start locking my PC instead of hibernating or switching my pc if I'm only leaving it to stand by for an hour or two (or less) however on my power options from start there is no option to lock it, I have attached the image of what I am presented with, any...
  10. No shutdown option from within Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No shutdown option from within Lock Screen: Hi For some reason I have not got the shutdown options within the Lock Screen. They are only in the login but I want to have them in the Lock Screen as I may find myself unable to access login screen sometime in the future. I would like to have that functionality. I...