Windows 10: no sleep option in lock screen

Discus and support no sleep option in lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nikarijamko, Jul 21, 2016.

1. no sleep option in lock screen

sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option.

i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can only tell the computer to sleep from the start menu. when i do lock my computer, the only buttons i have are network, ease of access, and to shut down. there's not even a restart option.

is there a way to add the restart/sleep back in? multiple people live here, so i don't want them being able to access my computer while i'm away at work, and i'd prefer to not have to completely shut down after each session.

:)

nikarijamko, Jul 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Lock Screen When Closed Lid without sleep or hibernate.

HI!

I don't know how, why or exactly when it happend.

At start, when I closed my laptop lid, it locked the screen without sleep or hibernate, but today when I do that it just keep unlocked and running.

In the power config only has the options of "Do nothing", "Shutdown", "Hibernate" and "Sleep". I always let him on "Do Nothing" and it always locked the screen without sleep or hibernat, as I want it to do! But now it doesn't lock the screen.

That pissed me off!

How can I make it back to lock the screen when lid closed without sleep or hibernate?

Drakon Früjig Gronâk, Jul 21, 2016
  3. MS Spotlight not working after resume from sleep closing the lid- HP Pavilion

Interesting bug. Computer is working fine with exception for MS Spotlight after the laptop resume from sleep if sleep was triggered by closing the lid.

Lock Screen Settings:

MS Spotlight configured

Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen turned ON

Closed Lid configure to put the computer to sleep

Hibernation has been disabled

If I put the computer to sleep by closing the lid and then I open it then the Lock Screen is the Power up/Restart Lock Screen picture

If I put the computer to sleep by selecting sleep through the power option after pressing the windows key then it works fine.

It gets better, if I turn off the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen (TURNED OFF) then the MS Spotlight picture comes on resume and it does not matter how the computer was put to sleep.

Has this bug been identified? Is MS aware of this problem? I am running the latest W10 version with all updates.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LockScreenNotworking, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

no sleep option in lock screen

1. no sleep option in lock screen - Similar Threads - sleep option lock

2. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  3. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  4. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  5. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  6. lock screen sign in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen sign in options: I had a remote desktop in my laptop for work. When I added my work microsoft account I wasn't allowed to use my fingerprint scanner anymore due to organization policies. I recently left the job so I deleted the work microsoft account, and I'm still unable to enter my...
  7. Lock screen options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen options: Why does my computer keep changing my lock screen pictures from Windows Spotlight to other pictures. Every time I log on it keeps changing that option. I enjoy seeing the nature pics in the Spotlight instead of pictures of random people apparently related to other files in...
  8. Sleep mode and lock screen

Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  9. Sleep mode locks the screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  10. Lock screen font options

Lock screen font options: After a bunch of web searching and going through as many options as I can find in the OS I'm still stumped on being able to change the font on the lock screen. All that I have showing is the basic clock and date, but I'd love to be able to change it from white due to the...