Windows 10: No Sleep Option in Power Menu

Discus and support No Sleep Option in Power Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seandmal, Jul 20, 2016.

1. seandmal Win User

No Sleep Option in Power Menu

I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the board have solved it yet. There simply isn't a Sleep option for the computer in Windows 10. I've tried to go and add it like it was just hidden, but it's not an option there either. Is this a graphics/driver issue? I've tried to update the drivers but Windows says these are the latest. How do I put my desktop to sleep?

:)

seandmal, Jul 20, 2016
  2. Robdon Win User

No sleep option under power in start menu.

Two ways to find sleep option. When Start page is displayed so is a small power icon, circle, found just above the row of lines that open the apps. Clicking on that will include sleep option. The second is right click on the set of windows found on bottom
    left in the task bar in shut down or sign out.

If these are not working I suggest two things to try.

One is select command prompt (Administrator) and enter - sfc /scannow and let it run to find and repair errors.

If that doesn't work then select command prompt (Administrator) and enter - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image / RestoreHealth. This will run for 20 minutes plus and restore problems on the windows image.

Some folks have run the first and then second suggestions and found still issues and then once again ran sfc /scannow and this second run fixed the problems.

Good luck.

Robdon, Jul 20, 2016
  3. No sleep option under power in start menu.

Just updated to windows 10 from 7 now I have no sleep option in the start menu. How can I get that back?

Stephen_mx136, Jul 20, 2016
  4. No Sleep Option in Power Menu

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

No Sleep Option in Power Menu

1. No Sleep Option in Power Menu - Similar Threads - Sleep Option Power

2. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  3. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  4. sleep option is missing from power options

sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  5. Brightness, power and sleep options are lost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness, power and sleep options are lost: The screen brightness adjustment slider, as well as power and sleep options disappeared from the laptop. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks submitted by /u/tigerelmo [link] [comments]...
  6. sleep and power option

sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  7. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Sleep (power option) not working properly

Sleep (power option) not working properly: Hi Recently, I had to re-install Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15R, 5537 Laptop (i5 2.3GHz 8MB ram). After re-installing with updated drivers, I noticed that SLEEP option is not working properly. Before re-installing, closing the lid used to stop all the applications...
  9. Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10: I installed Win10 yesterday on my desktop, but sleep is not an option on power menu. Have tried all options that I find in various forums including driver updates and system settings, but can not get a sleep mode for the power menu. Maybe Win 10 thinks my desktop is a laptop...
  10. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!: Ay-yi-yi. I reinstall Win10 ver 9926 to fix one problem only to run into another. On my power settings, I only have a setting for turning off the display. The usual sleep option is simply not there! I did a powerconfig setting default in a admin cmd line but it did not fix...